Fucking livid

Was able to install at least 80% of my plugins on V13, thanks to Waves Tech Support and the fact that I recently bought the Gold bundle for my son. Can't remember my old login credentials for all my old stuff so no more SSL channel strips/EQ, CLA plugs, H-Reverb, Waves Tune Full Suite..

Shiiiiiiiiit, I'm sorry to hear that, man! The only fortunate thing is that those particular plug-ins are always popping up on sale for dirt cheap, I've seen all the CLA stuff go for $29.99 which I wouldn't mind paying again if I had to, or the E-Channel, that's almost always on sale or you can snag it free with their Buy 2 get 1 deals.

Can't you downgrade?
Wasn't sure how to do that until Support walked me through it. I had to make sure some things were uninstalled beforehand.

Shiiiiiiiiit, I'm sorry to hear that, man! The only fortunate thing is that those particular plug-ins are always popping up on sale for dirt cheap, I've seen all the CLA stuff go for $29.99 which I wouldn't mind paying again if I had to, or the E-Channel, that's almost always on sale or you can snag it free with their Buy 2 get 1 deals.
True. I've calmed down about it after looking at everything I'm missing - I probably don't use half of it much anymore since I got the Fabfilter stuff. I'm just a little miffed about not being able to recall old projects 1:1.

Nothing showstopping.

as you found out, you can download older versions of the same plug-ins. i was running an old intel mac pro tower (pre-trash can) and so it couldn't have an iOS beyond, i believe, el capitan.

now i have a new M1 mini so it's a different plug-in version.

I just never update it. In 10 years I’ve yet to find anything useful in an update, so I refuse to do it until I buy a new Mac and it comes loaded with a new OS.
This was my approach. Then I got my new computer and realized that I had been on a muuuuuuuuuuuuch older version of logic pro missing all sorts of stuff like step sequencer mode, etc., I wasn't getting any indication that an update for logic was available because there weren't any available ... that could run on my old-ass OS.

I just never update it. In 10 years I’ve yet to find anything useful in an update, so I refuse to do it until I buy a new Mac and it comes loaded with a new OS.
i did that, as well, but at some point you gotta upgrade, and then it becomes a fucking nightmare.

i did that, as well, but at some point you gotta upgrade, and then it becomes a f*****g nightmare.

My iMac is running Catalina and my Macbook is on High Sierra, I haven't run into anything that's forced me to update as of yet, but my computer use is limited to 3 main things that most likely won't require an update.

My iMac is running Catalina and my Macbook is on High Sierra, I haven't run into anything that's forced me to update as of yet, but my computer use is limited to 3 main things that most likely won't require an update.
My old mac mini was on Catalina. I was having a few minor security issues -- in particular with Google Chrome -- that no antivirus/malware protection I tried was able to prevent. It popped up immediately again even after replacing the internal hard-drive and doing a fresh OS install.

What version of Logic are you running?

My old mac mini was on Catalina. I was having a few minor security issues -- in particular with Google Chrome -- that no antivirus/malware protection I tried was able to prevent. It popped up immediately again even after replacing the internal hard-drive and doing a fresh OS install.

What version of Logic are you running?

I don't really use Logic's content in the way of loops or even much of their VST's. I really heavily under utilize it, so I don't really need any additional stuff in there and if it'll prevent me from breaking all my Waves plug-ins, it's worth it. :ROFLMAO:

I don't really use Logic's content in the way of loops or even much of their VST's. I really heavily under utilize it, so I don't really need any additional stuff in there and if it'll prevent me from breaking all my Waves plug-ins, it's worth it. :ROFLMAO:
I hear ya -- just keep an eye out for suspicious behavior in your web browser, and probably don't use it for bank log-in or other heavy financial transactional work

I hear ya -- just keep an eye out for suspicious behavior in your web browser, and probably don't use it for bank log-in or other heavy financial transactional work

I keep Firefox update but really don’t use my computer for any financial stuff. 98% of my bills are paid via apps and autopay.

Dumped Waves (and UA) for the new rig and couldn't be happier. There are some go-to Waves plugs I miss, but man, charging hundreds of dollars every few years just to keep the same stuff working sure doesn't foster customer loyalty.

On the bright side they haven’t fixed the bug that makes waves tune all but unusable since 2008 so at least they’re consistent

On the bright side they haven’t fixed the bug that makes waves tune all but unusable since 2008 so at least they’re consistent

Which bug is that? I use it when I’m trying to figure out harmonies and it does what it’s supposed to do, but I’m using a pretty basic function of it to just capture the audio then I drag it around until I find the note I’m going for. That plug-in actually handles grittier vocals better than Antares or Melodyne, which tends to garble everything that has grit on it.

only tracks running thru the master can be offline rendered. Even in realtime....So say you wanted to burn in the pitch fixes in one chorus and then copy those wave files to the other choruses, sorry, you can't....there are horribly slow workarounds, but must involve their buffer bugs showing their heads

Back