Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Mission EP-1

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Both

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Fractal. I trust them as a company because I've seen so many examples of above-and-beyond support.

I like and use both, but I think I probably prefer the Mission. I like the size and sweep of the Fractal for volume swells, but the Mission just feels more solid and “familiar” to me. Maybe it’s just because I’ve used them more

Right now I’m using one of each

DA63E5EE-9C35-46E7-AE06-BB2E487D37BD.jpeg

I updated the poll with Both.

I’ve got both on both Fractal boards, the Mission for only wah and the Fractal for everything else. I don’t get ultra picky about a lot, but with these I certainly am. Way too used to the Dunlop casing for a wah pedal and the bigger/smoother the expression pedal, the better.

I updated the poll with Both.

I’ve got both on both Fractal boards, the Mission for only wah and the Fractal for everything else. I don’t get ultra picky about a lot, but with these I certainly am. Way too used to the Dunlop casing for a wah pedal and the bigger/smoother the expression pedal, the better.

but if had to pick only one ?

:crazy

I just snagged another Mission SP off of Reverb for $60 shipped. :banana

Have used mostly a Roland EV-5 in the past (they are small, light, and work).

Have not tried a Fractal EXP.

Last edited:
Dunlop DVP4 Mini. They're so cute lol.
Or, for a few bucks less, these are also cool:

Actually, quite a bit less. And the lower profile/ center of gravity is nice, depending on what you have next to it.

I have both, I use the Mission with a toe switch to do volume swells, switch to turn on a wah. I am really used to the old Vox/Crybaby style wah pedals, so I like the feel of it for that.

I use the Fractal one to do all other sweepable parameters, such as the speed of my univibe or rotary speaker, the amount of ring modulator, pitch shifts, anything like that. Some patches use that one to dial in distortion or delay depending on how wacky I might be feeling at any given moment. Wackiness aside, the feel of the Fractal one is like stepping in butter. Depending on your attitude toward butter, I suppose.

Same here. I love mine and don't think I could go back to a full-size one.
I bought a DVP1XL as a MF SDotD a few years back. It's a really nice pedal but, yeah, it's as likely to come out of my basement as a 4x12 cab.

Fractal EV-1 or 2 for long throw - expression or volume stuff.
Mission for short throw - wah.
Boss EV30 cus it looks nice and is the right size.

Kept the Fractals cus long throw’s more practical for more stuff, and grip tape means your foot doesn’t slip.

Yes, FM9. No issues at all, works great. Mainly use it for wah and sometimes volume.

Does the Fractal see it with full range out of the box, or did you have to tweak the min/max and scale and all that stuff?

I've tried two cheaper expression pedals, one that was garbage and one that was pretty decent. Been planning to add a quality one at some point but the Dunlop mini looks nice for both Fractal and Helix use.

Back