It's not for me , and why ?

Helix (currently own HX Stomp but looking at getting a Helix Floor for 4cm effects with my amp) - love the overall experience and the effects quality, good blend of power and simplicity. Amps seem to be missing something tonally, not sure if they need a rewrite or next gen hardware. Would like something with the power of Helix and size of QC.
Line6
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

Why is that? If anything, digital stuff suffers less from aging.
I like having the warranty and I don’t like trying to demo stuff in music shops or deal with returns from individual sellers online. Surprisingly it seems a lot of people still don’t know how this stuff works or know what to look for in deeper functions to make sure everything is working. For example, a friend of mine got a “lightly used” headrush prime from GC and the only outputs that were working were the 1/4”, but that was what they checked when they bought it in.

Its not for me: ‘flagship’ modelers of any brand.

Why: They’re too expensive given that I’d want to eventually replace it whenever the next ‘latest and greatest’ comes out. Most manufactures offer a goldilocks unit that gives me all the sounds I need without having to make a big investment. Fm3, Hx stomp, etc.

Last edited:
UAFX - haven’t used but they look cool. I can’t bring myself to spend $400 on a fixed amp pedal.

I got a Lion for $250 +tax used on the Sweetwater reseller site this week. Got it today and I think it compares very well with the Fractal Plexis and it sounded really good into a real cab powered by a Fryette PS-2. I'm very sold on the FM9 but this is a nice change of pace. I have my complaints that everyone does, but the biggest issue I have with it is not being able to know what the factory/artist preset settings are, can't access the custom speaker cabs in those, and if you want to tweak the amp settings, you are just guessing.

I did NOT like the UA Ruby that I tried early last year - very scooped midrange. It may be true to the original modeled amp though.

Profiling/Capturing. Nope. Kemper in particular. I have tried it an embarrassing amount of times and the last time was the last time.

Helix or FM9 for the win. All sounds are in there.

Profiling/Capturing. Nope. Kemper in particular. I have tried it an embarrassing amount of times and the last time was the last time.

It's not for me => I'll get in early ..... BluGuitar Amp-X
And why ? ..... for every possible reason imaginable and not yet imagined

I totally agree on the AmpX but my reason is simple - charging for Blugprints when the unit is likely priced at 2k+ in the usual currencies.

I'm not 100% against paid upgrades in principle, but not on units as expensive as the AmpX is touted to be.

Totally fair. I think it won't be for a lot of users on this forum. I have concerns how it will function, and whether the fx will deliver - and what fx will be available at release.

The one thing I do guarantee, is that it will sound great as an amp. I sometimes look at the used tube amps on my local market, have been tempted by a JVM410, Mesa Mark V 90W or Mesa Lonestar Classic a few times. Then I fire up my Amp 1 ME and go "nah, this sounds awesome for both clean and drive, I don't need anything".

The Blugprints thing does not concern me at all. The Amp 1 is already say 90% of what I'd ever want out of an amp, and if the fx selection is good enough there's no real need to buy anything except for people who are collecting stuff so they want "everything." The business model for the Blugprints does not sound predatory and I see it as no different from selling captures or IR packs.

The business model for the Blugprints does not sound predatory and I see it as no different from selling captures or IR packs.
It's the cost of the unit that makes this business model extremely unappealing to me, and I'm pretty certain I'm not alone in this.

When Christof Kemper said that he might consider 1 or 2 paid updates to the Kemper Player to bring the functionality closer to that of the full-sized units, the forum reaction, especially at TOP, was overwhelmingly negative with respect to paid updates. He at least has higher-priced units that he doesn't want to cannibalise sales of - the AmpX will be Bluguitar's top-of-the-range unit, so they don't even have that as a justification.

Imagine how this forum would react if NDSP announced $50 reverb, delay, and modulation "packs" for the NanoCortex to give you more options... ;)

Back