Everyone is sleeping when I’m here…

U gonna b happy w the new floor. 😎
I’m gonna be really happy when the carpet guy puts in a new carpet on that stair… the bastard borrowed me his tools to rip out the old carpet from 1968… not funny stuff but it went pretty good even though my back hurts like hell now. Scraped the old glue off today.

I’m gonna be really happy when the carpet guy puts in a new carpet on that stair… the bastard borrowed me his tools to rip out the old carpet from 1968… not funny stuff but it went pretty good even though my back hurts like hell now. Scraped the old glue off today.
I was going to suggest some power tools but you seem to be doing pretty good…

house destruction GIF by South Park

DD210DF2-71E1-459A-8D00-9707F8287844.jpeg
CF5C89AE-CE7B-4F67-9B7C-DC7671484BC8.jpeg
18E47B76-C8F1-4B2F-9836-DA5466278413.jpeg

Gonna paint the stair “sides” today, and hook up those two water radiators today…

(This is the end run on our second floor project that started in spring. The second floor of this house was just a cold attic, but the house was built with a second floor “in mind”. The previous owners that built the house didn’t complete it. But we needed it so we did… in the craziest of times regarding material prizes and delivery/availability times. But the kids need their own rooms.

I’ll post some “before” pictures another day.

Last edited:
View attachment 1154
View attachment 1155
View attachment 1156

Gonna paint the stair “sides” today, and hook up those two water radiators today…

(This is the end run on our second floor project that started in spring. The second floor of this house was just a cold attic, but the house was built with a second floor “in mind”. The previous owners that built the house didn’t complete it. But we needed it so we did… in the craziest of times regarding material prizes and delivery/availability times. But the kids need their own rooms.

I’ll post some “before” pictures another day.
Looks like you're a handy mf'r! Good on you for doing right by your kids!

Looking good @the swede!

I don’t like home projects, even though I’m capable (when I have the right tools), so I gotta give props to those that do them!! Keep up the great work!
Thanks! We got help from carpenters to do the main work, like build down the roof and room frames, all the way to finished dry walls, lists and plinths. And there was also a lot of insulation work done by them. That second floor was totally cold, just the outside roof basically. So we needed their help to do everything properly by the book and everything. And I didn’t do any electrics either.

I do water and heating though and that saved us some money. And some minor things, like preparing the stairs for the carpenter and helping the painter which is my best friend.

Tbh I don’t like home projects either but this was necessary, the kids are awesome with each other being 12 and 8 and accepting each other sharing room and such. But they deserve this, the whole second floor will be theirs :giggle:

Thanks! We got help from carpenters to do the main work, like build down the roof and room frames, all the way to finished dry walls, lists and plinths. And there was also a lot of insulation work done by them. That second floor was totally cold, just the outside roof basically. So we needed their help to do everything properly by the book and everything. And I didn’t do any electrics either.

I do water and heating though and that saved us some money. And some minor things, like preparing the stairs for the carpenter and helping the painter which is my best friend.

Tbh I don’t like home projects either but this was necessary, the kids are awesome with each other being 12 and 8 and accepting each other sharing room and such. But they deserve this, the whole second floor will be theirs :giggle:
Wow - that’s a much bigger project than I was thinking. Ha. Very nice!!

Finally Saturday mfers!!! Just sitting here, drinking lots of coffee.
Cat mfer is lazying in the couch, I hate that he is always so comfortable and lazy and cosy about everything… I guess it’s envy. :LOL:
EB04951E-5EF2-4DF5-9E8D-CA8E8747BCD8.jpeg

Oh… remember I was scraping the stairs up to the second floor. The carpet guys were here this week… look at that!!!

BB035D93-392E-47D2-B226-60FD3CB722DA.jpeg
15103DE9-C205-49BF-8397-8CB8CBCC7B28.jpeg

Nice work by them, they also “removed” some noises some of the steps were making. One step had this loud bang sound and a few steps were screeching. Now it’s all quiet and comfortable to walk on, well worth about 1000 usd it costed us.

Finally Saturday mfers!!! Just sitting here, drinking lots of coffee.
Cat mfer is lazying in the couch, I hate that he is always so comfortable and lazy and cosy about everything… I guess it’s envy. :LOL:
View attachment 1555

Oh… remember I was scraping the stairs up to the second floor. The carpet guys were here this week… look at that!!!

View attachment 1554
View attachment 1553

Nice work by them, they also “removed” some noises some of the steps were making. One step had this loud bang sound and a few steps were screeching. Now it’s all quiet and comfortable to walk on, well worth about 1000 usd it costed us.
Looks great! I might be in the minority here; but I'll gladly take someone doing the work if they do it right and the price is right 10/10 for the most part.

Looks great! I might be in the minority here; but I'll gladly take someone doing the work if they do it right and the price is right 10/10 for the most part.
thanks!
I agree, I rather hire people that know how to do their work and also why they do what they do, than to do it myself half assed. Everything should be by the book imo. Every one of the companies we took in I know and have met in my work so I felt that we could trust everyone of them.

:giggle:

Pretty similar in northern Canada now. Sunrise this morning was apparently 8:01am. We’ll get a brief reprieve come daylight savings time in about a month but soon enough will be heading to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.
I think ours is 30 October or something, but for me… getting in the car at 06:30… it doesn’t matter much. It’s more like I’m being robbed of the last light available at the end of the day :LOL:

It’s just around that time here in Florida where I watch the parking lot lights at work every morning because I have to adjust the timers soon. My staff gives me shit because they stay on probably 45 minutes longer than they’re needed, but at least two days out of the week it’s dark enough it needs them. If we have a cloudy day it’s pretty dark in the morning.

The sun is generally out around 7:15-7:25….we’re starting to get those cooler days in the 70’s, my favorite time of the year down here. I consider Florida to have 3 seasons- “Oh cool, it’s fall”, “Dude, WTF? Why is it 45 degrees in f*cking South Florida?” and “Dude, WTF, it was 45 degrees yesterday and now it‘s 97!! I’m getting sick of Florida!”

Back