EQD Ledges Tri Dimensional Reverb

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
Ledges-Reverb.jpg

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/ledges

I dig that they are now doing onboard presets for their new releases. (Which can be toggled either by footswitch when standing or manually on the dial by hand) This should be way more commonplace.

I just can’t get excited about EQD stuff, after having a few. I swear they just throw an FV-1 chip in a pretty box, and call it boutique.

What I like about EQD is they price their stuff fair. 95% of their pedals I couldn’t care about, but it’s cool that regardless of what they release you know it’s not going to be overpriced and part of some hipster limited edition hype train insta bro release.

But, I’m with you, most of their stuff (like Walrus) has some signature EQD vibe that I don’t mesh with. That said, the Dispatch Master is a masterpiece.

Dude, I want to love them, because they look so cool, and Jamie Stillman seems like a good dude. But just as I like Joel from Chase Bliss, I just can't get behind their pedals.
All of this. The Plumes I had looked cool. But my fascination with it was over in about 5 minutes?

Dude, I want to love them, because they look so cool, and Jamie Stillman seems like a good dude. But just as I like Joel from Chase Bliss, I just can't get behind their pedals.

I'm a -massive- EQD pedal (*edit: fanboy, but I think its funny that I typed that I am a massive pedal so I'll leave taht there). Owned and loved many many of their pedals. Simply magnificent :love

Ironically, the only EQD pedal I own and have on my board right now is the afterneath

signed,
- A guy with a skulloctopus tatoo on his foot :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm a -massive- EQD pedal (*edit: fanboy, but I think its funny that I typed that I am a massive pedal so I'll leave taht there). Owned and loved many many of their pedals. Simply magnificent :love

Ironically, the only EQD pedal I own and have on my board right now is the afterneath

signed,
- A guy with a skulloctopus tatoo on his foot :LOL:
No judgement here; I’ve arguably become a massive Strymon fanboy.

The EQD “house sound” from my experience never quite lived up to what I expected it to be - the few I’ve had sounded really clinical to me.

On this pedal, though, room/hall/plate is the reverb equivalent to black panel/plexi/Vox. Yawn. I’d rather a really interesting take on one of those than just another TC Hall of Fame.

eqd makes some of the best reverbs

The afterneath is sooo good. Its hard to recreate on modelers.

3 years ago me would be all about this new one but I just don't really use pedals anymore, bet it sounds awesome.

All of this. The Plumes I had looked cool. But my fascination with it was over in about 5 minutes?

What I didn’t like about the Plumes was the massive volume spikes per mode. That made me nearly immediately say nope.

eqd makes some of the best reverbs

The afterneath is sooo good. Its hard to recreate on modelers.

3 years ago me would be all about this new one but I just don't really use pedals anymore, bet it sounds awesome.

I love my Afterneath. Their Hizumitas is a great version of a Triangle Muff too. I’m heading to EQD Day Saturday to check out the shop and whatnot. Probably gonna snag something while I’m there. I’m eyeing the Dispatch Master and Disaster Transport.

I always thought the Avalanche Run v2 sounded great. I don't have first hand experience but the demos and clips I've heard are compelling.

I always thought the Avalanche Run v2 sounded great. I don't have first hand experience but the demos and clips I've heard are compelling.

Avalanche run is pretty legit, I've owned it twice. That said, the dispatch master sounds better. Myself and a lot of other fellow fanbois were hoping the AR would be a souped up DM with more options. The options are awesome, but dispatch master cant be beat.

It was still my main delay for a long time as I do need the flexibility. I replaced it on my board with an re-202 though

I’m taking a long look at the Afterneath because of this thread :ROFLMAO:

get one as well as an expression pedal

Avalanche run is pretty legit, I've owned it twice. That said, the dispatch master sounds better. Myself and a lot of other fellow fanbois were hoping the AR would be a souped up DM with more options. The options are awesome, but dispatch master cant be beat.

It was still my main delay for a long time as I do need the flexibility. I replaced it on my board with an re-202 though
I do like the more simple approach of the Dispatch, but I'm sure the RE-202 would be more my thing as well.

Back