Enter the shame zone. Bought some Mooer turds with my Christmas gift card haul.

Fill me in, what is "that thing" the various OCD circuits do for you? How are you using them?

I always found it dry/stiff and rather uninspiring, not musical at all. 🤷‍♂️

But since it's still so popular...?

Same. That and I could never find the sweet spot with the LP/HP switch. One too thin. The other too tubby. :idk

I added a bass cut to my favourite OCD clone, absolutely transformed the pedal with my les paul. I found it unusable with certain guitars previously.

I had the EHX OD Glove, and a Mosky OCD clone at some point. The EHX OD Glove was :chef

Stumbled upon it when looking for a Marshall in a box type drive pedal.

I always found it dry/stiff and rather uninspiring,

Sometimes that's exactly what it needs. Seriously, in quite some cases it really doesn't need any "wow" sounds but rather something sort of average. The OCD (or in my case: Hustle Drive) does that nicely. Works great for doubling in a recording context, too.

Sometimes that's exactly what it needs. Seriously, in quite some cases it really doesn't need any "wow" sounds but rather something sort of average. The OCD (or in my case: Hustle Drive) does that nicely. Works great for doubling in a recording context, too.
I know what you mean, but I definitely do not need an OCD to achieve that. It's not like it doesn't add its own flavor of "stiff".

I don't need 15 flavours of boosting an already driven amp. But I am not judging those who do. :hugitout
I boost the F out of all my FAS presets. I LOVE amp only gain but I also LOVE taking it over the top with a real amp. I don't do 15 different drives; I just use amp gain for crunch and whatever boost on my board at the time to either get it "heavier" when needed or use for a little extra sizzle for lead parts. I am a lunatic but I am also pretty pragmatic, I think; considering how idiotic I tend to get with my rigs. Even the 3 channel Stealth with GOBS of gain on blue and red can enter some new realms of :satan with outboard boosts \m/

Even the 3 channel Stealth with GOBS of gain on blue and red can enter some new realms of :satan with outboard boosts \m/

Obviously. Every drive can do that, at least once it's not a linear boost but also altering the waveform somewhat. Which results in "mix" of waveforms sounding pretty different than either original. I think this is also why we keep seeking for the ideal drive/boost, simply because there's not exactly one to work with all amps (as said, at least once it's adding its own drive flavour).

Last edited:
Back