Enter the shame zone. Bought some Mooer turds with my Christmas gift card haul.

I've owned the Mooer Blues Mood (BD2 /w fat switch clone) TWICE. Flipped it, then missed it, then Helix cabs got better and I got that sound back, so flipped it again.

It's a great drive pedal. Stacks great with things after it and/or in front of it. Ain't no shame!

Stacks great with things after it and/or in front of it. Ain't no shame!
Sounded particularly smooth and gorgeous dialed in with a mild EOB gain setting with a Caline Queen Bee (Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD clone) in front of it. The Caline Queen Bee has been one of my favourite low gain ODs ever. I flipped it also, because some drives in the Helix got me close. But I do still miss it. Been requesting L6 for a model of it since forever.

Less is Mooer

This is a Mooer.

Cow Farm GIF by Black Armour

Much to @la szum probable chagrin; the Blues Driver clone is fucking awesome. Really good on it's own (if you dig that specific Boss sheen which I do) OR on top of amp gain. Put it in front of the Stealth and the Badlander and it is a winner. I will probably end up with the real deal Waza version later this year :satan

Heck no! I am glad you dig it. And bonus points for the use of "chagrin." :beer

Did you ever try the Warm Audio OCD? As a fellow OCD fiend I’ve been curious to try it, even though I have an actual OCD. lol

Fill me in, what is "that thing" the various OCD circuits do for you? How are you using them?

I always found it dry/stiff and rather uninspiring, not musical at all. 🤷‍♂️

But since it's still so popular...?

I have a bunch of pedals from DemonFX and they are amazing. Wouldn't expect Mooer to be any less. Simple circuits ...

I have a bunch of pedals from DemonFX and they are amazing. Wouldn't expect Mooer to be any less. Simple circuits ...
Yeah DemonFX pedals are great. I have had their TS808+TS9 red version (with the Keeley dip switch), and their POT clone.. were pretty great!

Fill me in, what is "that thing" the various OCD circuits do for you? How are you using them?

I always found it dry/stiff and rather uninspiring, not musical at all. 🤷‍♂️

But since it's still so popular...?

Same. That and I could never find the sweet spot with the LP/HP switch. One too thin. The other too tubby. :idk

Use it to add a layer of sizzle on top. Most of my OD pedals are ran kind of in between the two traditional approaches (level hammered OR as a borderlinedistortion pedal)?

For me; I never run level at 10, gain down super low. I'm usually level close to halfish then drive and tone to taste. Enough where the drive character is present but not too much to where ALL the gain you hear is the flavor coming from the pedal.

Back