ENGL Fireball 100... thoughts? (my miraculous amp journey)

I'm also very happy with my fireball, I can confidently say it's my favourite amp so far. I remember I saw your post before I ordered mine and was curious why you didn't like it. But I understand now that it has its own character which is not appeal to everyone. Or maybe you needed to wait until tubes get used to operate and speakers needed to break in, dunno. But artist edition in the other hand is an amp I wanna put on top of my fireball. I tried few times and leads were feeling magical. I'm not sure about the voicing of savage comparing to ae but it must be same technology if I remember correct. Either Savage or AE must join to my family as well.

I'm also very happy with my fireball, I can confidently say it's my favourite amp so far. I remember I saw your post before I ordered mine and was curious why you didn't like it. But I understand now that it has its own character which is not appeal to everyone. Or maybe you needed to wait until tubes get used to operate and speakers needed to break in, dunno. But artist edition in the other hand is an amp I wanna put on top of my fireball. I tried few times and leads were feeling magical. I'm not sure about the voicing of savage comparing to ae but it must be same technology if I remember correct. Either Savage or AE must join to my family as well.
As far as I know the Blackmore is derived from the Savage, and the AE is basically a tweaked, „britified“ Blackmore. The amp is announced for delivery tomorrow. Really looking forward to it!

It‘s here! :rawk

IMG_0543.jpeg

Guys, something really strange happened today. I woke up this morning, went into my music room and couldn't believe what I saw. Where the Artist Edition stood yesterday, there was now suddenly a JVM410H! Although I was thinking yesterday that I didn't remember the sound of the AE being that scooped... how could my thoughts alone have replaced the amplifier with another overnight, as if by magic? And then I remembered how I found the last JVM I owned too noisy... suddenly the doorbell rang and the parcel carrier brought me a package with a brand new ISP Decimator Noise Gate. How could this be? Was I dreaming? Or did the universe read my thoughts and bring them into reality? I have no explanation for this, I swear!!!

Real Housewives GIF by Slice

Last edited:
Guys, something really strange happened today. I woke up this morning, went into my music room and couldn't believe what I saw. Where the Artist Edition stood yesterday, there was now suddenly a JVM410H! Although I was thinking yesterday that I didn't remember the sound of the AE being that scooped... how could my thoughts alone have replaced the amplifier with another overnight, as if by magic? And then I remembered how I found the last JVM I owned too noisy... suddenly the doorbell rang and the parcel carrier brought me a package with a brand new ISP Decimator Noise Gate. How could this be? Was I dreaming? Or did the universe read my thoughts and bring them into reality? I have no explanation for this, I swear!!!

Confused Mr Krabs GIF

Guys, something really strange happened today. I woke up this morning, went into my music room and couldn't believe what I saw. Where the Artist Edition stood yesterday, there was now suddenly a JVM410H! Although I remember thinking yesterday that I didn't remember the sound of the AE being that scooped... how could my thoughts alone have replaced the amplifier with another overnight, as if by magic? And then I remembered how I found the last JVM I owned too noisy... suddenly the doorbell rang and the parcel carrier brought me a package with a brand new ISP Decimator Noise Gate. How could this be? Was I dreaming? Or did the universe read my thoughts and bring them into reality? I have no explanation for this, I swear!!!

Well... Maybe something strange can happen and I can still change my mind and I get a JVM too.

Can you try to dial some iron maiden stuff just for fun ? :crazy

Does noise gate help?

There’s a few tube combinations that can lower the noise floor for the La’BeastVM.
You might not need that sound choker’..noise gate.
-I mean no noise hate here..LTFOL man!!

Dude, we should start a page/thread with all things
JVM.
Tube selections,bias settings, kewl modifications & noise remedies like your faithful
noise gate arriving etc.
Weird shit too.
F’n rad amp.

I love you man!

Btw, you should share the family picture here.
Of course! Here's a photo of my JV... wait... what happened? What kind of sorcery is this again?! How did the JVM turn into a Powerball II? o_O

IMG_0555.jpeg

The JVM seemed to have a defective power transformer, which was humming pretty significantly. Sent it back, bought the Powerball. So far this amp is amazing! Not as dark as the Fireball, not as scooped as the Artist Edition and not as noisy as the JVM (in fact it is dead quiet, even without a noise gate).

Last edited:
I'm getting confused... what amp do you have now? lol

or do you have all of them at once?
No, I had...
- the JVM205H (sent it back because of its noise level)
- the Fireball (sent it back because of its dark voicing)
- the Artist Edition (sent it back because of its scooped voicing)
- the JVM410H (sent it back because of power transformer hum)
- and now the Powerball II

So far the Powerball seems to be an absolute winner! Wish me luck that I don't have to change my mind again.

Of course! Here's a photo of my JV... wait... what happened? What kind of sorcery is this again?! How did the JVM turn into a Powerball II? o_O

View attachment 9076

The JVM seemed to have a defective power transformer, which was humming pretty significantly. Sent it back, bought the Powerball. So far this amp is amazing! Not as dark as the Fireball, not as scooped as the Artist Edition and not as noisy as the JVM (in fact it is dead quiet, even without a noise gate).

Oh man, LOL. :love:love:love

I can't explain how much I miss mine.

Don't sell an amp to Zoltan. He'll break it. :horse […]
Nah, I‘ll just find things I don’t like and send it back. 😉

But seriously, I have a strong feeling that my amp journey has finally ended. The PBII sounds absolutely amazing. Very clear. tight and balanced. And channel 3 is perhaps the best high gain sound I have ever experienced. So far I just couldn‘t find a single flaw with this amp.

Back