Edwards doods… customs?

spawnofthesith

Shredder
I know we got a few guys on here that recently got some Edwards from Japan… what’s the deal with customs? Are there any extra steps to actually receiving the guitar? What kind of cost are you looking at on the duties or whatever?

I think that is a just a cover your ass type of thing. Other countries they are exported to and enter
may have duties due upon receipt. I didn't here in the States and don't think Drew or Warmart did
either.

Well if there's no additional costs in the US then it's all the more tempting....

I was eyeballing a few different models but the price on this is sick, and having this guitar would make 14 year old me VERY happy :rofl:unsure:

https://reverb.com/item/66440311-edwards-by-esp-forest-e-fr-130gt-2000s-turquoise-made-in-japan

nwibutt5dyyg1wfwipj4.jpg

I’m guessing it depends on who you buy from, I believe La szum, Warmart and I all ordered via Gakkido, who covers everything on their end. The total you pay on Reverb is the total cost, period. I think I saw on RigTalk someone else had ordered a MIJ LP and they had to cover the additional cost for customers after the purchase.

I mean, one or two points, OK. That thing has like 9 too many points. You shouldn't buy it on principle alone. :LOL:

I buy pedals from Japan all the time, never been charged more than what was advertised either. I was told when I was in Japan that I might get hit with customs fees when physically leaving the country with a Tele I bought in Tokyo, but I don't think it was even close to the threshold for extra fees.

I mean, one or two points, OK. That thing has like 9 too many points. You shouldn't buy it on principle alone. :LOL:

I buy pedals from Japan all the time, never been charged more than what was advertised either. I was told when I was in Japan that I might get hit with customs fees when physically leaving the country with a Tele I bought in Tokyo, but I don't think it was even close to the threshold for extra fees.

What can I say 14 year old me thought the Forests were the baddest bitches in the guitar world :rofl

Back