Dusted Off My Old Kemper

TimOwens316

Roadie
This weekend I dusted off my Kemper which I haven't used in a long time, I forgot how much fun this thing is. I wanted to try the new Liquid Profiles so I profiled my 1987x. I haven't spent a whole lot of time comparing the profile to the amp but my first impression is really good. Playing through a guitar cab using a DA profile and it sounds pretty darn close to me, even the tone knobs work like the amp. Pretty amazing for a box that was released over 10 years ago.

This weekend I dusted off my Kemper which I haven't used in a long time, I forgot how much fun this thing is. I wanted to try the new Liquid Profiles so I profiled my 1987x. I haven't spent a whole lot of time comparing the profile to the amp but my first impression is really good. Playing through a guitar cab using a DA profile and it sounds pretty darn close to me, even the tone knobs work like the amp. Pretty amazing for a box that was released over 10 years ago.
For sure! I dont have one but my buddy does and I thought it sounded great through his system when I played with through it.

how's the usb audio out? anyone tried & found the latency is acceptable?

It works pretty well but I have found keeping Rig Manager open causes a memory leak. There were a few times it froze/locked while using it. But I made a lot of clips and did a lot of reamping using it aside from those issues.

Kemper is still bad ass. I Profiled this JVM410H OD1 Orange and I actually prefer the Kemper Profile to the amp for this one. I made a Tonex of the amp too and I prefer the Kemper Profile in this instance. It has much less hiss than the amp or the Capture.

There are a few other amps I've done where I like the Profile better than the tone I'm getting from the amp for that particular point in time.

Kemper is still bad ass. I Profiled this JVM410H OD1 Orange and I actually prefer the Kemper Profile to the amp for this one. I made a Tonex of the amp too and I prefer the Kemper Profile in this instance. It has much less hiss than the amp or the Capture.

There are a few other amps I've done where I like the Profile better than the tone I'm getting from the amp for that particular point in time.

thank you for the profile,is this a LP profile?

It is sufficient.

There was a brief period where it was broken but they have fixed it.
I briefly owned a Kemper Stage, but returned it in the 30 day window because it was somewhat frustrating to use compared to the Helix, particularly in the signal-chain section. The other big con for me was no USB audio for recording. Is that a feature now? I have to admit it did sound great, and the latest modulation video from NAMM really wooed me.

It does have usb audio now, but I've no idea how good it is, or if they have a dedicated driver yet.

I think on first release you had to use asio4all or something similar and generic that wasn't optimised to kemper.

I briefly owned a Kemper Stage, but returned it in the 30 day window because it was somewhat frustrating to use compared to the Helix, particularly in the signal-chain section. The other big con for me was no USB audio for recording. Is that a feature now? I have to admit it did sound great, and the latest modulation video from NAMM really wooed me.
i never use USB for audio recording,i connect my kemper with SPDIF or Analog,Kemper work perfect as an audio interface on my Mac Studio

DELETED?

Back