Liquid Profiling... Nah, "Fluid" Tone Matches

texhex

Roadie
Liquid Profiling??? Who needs it when you have Tone Match and sick Modeling!

I had the idea to "Liquid Profile" my physical amp Fractal style so I tone matched the physical amp with all the controls set on 5 and then exported the Tone Match to a Cab and saved the Amp block to my Library.

Created a new preset with the Amp block from the library and the tone match exported Cab block. This tone matched amp model pretty much exactly matches my physical amp. I'm diggin' it.

If you make it all the way to the end of this video, give yourself a pat on the back:

Liquid Profiling??? Who needs it when you have Tone Match and sick Modeling!

I had the idea to "Liquid Profile" my physical amp Fractal style so I tone matched the physical amp with all the controls set on 5 and then exported the Tone Match to a Cab and saved the Amp block to my Library.

Created a new preset with the Amp block from the library and the tone match exported Cab block. This tone matched amp model pretty much exactly matches my physical amp. I'm diggin' it.

If you make it all the way to the end of this video, give yourself a pat on the back:

Nice! That’s the benefit of having a super accurate model underpinning the whole thing. The “liquid” part is already built-in.

I basically did this with my helix and fm-3 presets - I dial them in to match how I dial my real amps and then save as default presets. Instant familiar tone, with all the right behaviours and interactions. Sounds better than kemper top

Yeah it's pretty incredible really. I just came back to my desk after watching some football and fired all this stuff back up. I wanted to try something different so I set the controls on the amp to a tone I liked (B5, M3.4, T7, G7) and set the AXE the same way. A/B compared and they are dead bang on a perfect match.

I did the tone matching with a DI when I created this one this morning and it made it a lot easier. Used the AXE for the interface and looped a 23 second clip. Got the match up and running and saved it once I was satisfied.

I guess you could do the matches without putting all the amp controls at noon and you would get the same results in terms of accuracy when moving the AXE controls after the match has been made/saved. But I wanted to have an easy reference for testing.

If you have a III and an amp you really like you should spend an hour or so learning Tone Match. It's pretty friggin' sweet.

Remember, the Kemper Liquid Profiling answered everyone's prayers.....

2whz50.jpg

@texhex Love that tone, man! Is it possible to convert the "tone match" into a WAV IR? I'd like to load it into my FM3

Remember, the Kemper Liquid Profiling answered everyone's prayers.....

2whz50.jpg

Funny meme !! ..... but as someone who 5 months ago moved from numerous Fractals and Helix and GT1000 and Tonex .... to a KPA Stage with only LP's ..... from my [somewhat] experienced and [somewhat] pretty good dialling in skills ...using a good quality well done LP is a thing of beauty .... easily the best sounding and feeling "non-real" Amp I have ever had and used .... but thats me.

You love Fractal ... thats cool :)

You love something else .... thats cool :)

You think Kemper LP is bullshit ... thats cool.

Its awesome Texhex has a solution they love :)

These are all proven formats that all sound equally quite brilliant when dialled in well and by someone who knows what they are doing.

We all hear and prefer things differently ... and thats a good thing.

Enjoy your preferred platform ... there is no *best* in this dog-fight ... dont ever drink anyones Kool-Aid if thats what they are selling - regardless of who is saying it ....... only what you and your ears and hands prefer is what matters:)

Ben

@texhex Love that tone, man! Is it possible to convert the "tone match" into a WAV IR? I'd like to load it into my FM3

See if you can import this Bundle.

Should be an exact copy of that. It's the amp block, exported cab block (EQ settings for the tone match) and IR, plus Reverb and some Delays. I'm not 100% sure if AXE-III Bundles will import onto a FM3 but it's worth a shot.

See if you can import this Bundle.

Should be an exact copy of that. It's the amp block, exported cab block (EQ settings for the tone match) and IR, plus Reverb and some Delays. I'm not 100% sure if AXE-III Bundles will import onto a FM3 but it's worth a shot.
Thanks, man! It's imported to FM3, just need to arrange the blocks.

1701413776297.png

Funny meme !! ..... but as someone who 5 months ago moved from numerous Fractals and Helix and GT1000 and Tonex .... to a KPA Stage with only LP's ..... from my [somewhat] experienced and [somewhat] pretty good dialling in skills ...using a good quality well done LP is a thing of beauty .... easily the best sounding and feeling "non-real" Amp I have ever had and used .... but thats me.

You love Fractal ... thats cool :)

You love something else .... thats cool :)

You think Kemper LP is bullshit ... thats cool.

Its awesome Texhex has a solution they love :)

These are all proven formats that all sound equally quite brilliant when dialled in well and by someone who knows what they are doing.

We all hear and prefer things differently ... and thats a good thing.

Enjoy your preferred platform ... there is no *best* in this dog-fight ... dont ever drink anyones Kool-Aid if thats what they are selling - regardless of who is saying it ....... only what you and your ears and hands prefer is what matters:)

Ben

Ben....please don't get me wrong....I was only joking around here.
The Kemper is not BS at all! It is an extremely solid platform. It's a proven long term reliable unit used by many pros and amateurs alike (reliability was not good for me but that is another story and that can happen to anyone with any platform).

It was way ahead of its time and undoubtably made everyone else step up a bit more.
The fact that they continue to develop it 11 years later is nothing short of an amazing value.

As you said, there is NO best unit out there. It is a preference and nothing more.
I just wasn't as overwhelmed at all with the liquid profiling stuff and the higher gain patches as much as some would have you believe.

Apologies if I offended.

Ben....please don't get me wrong....I was only joking around here.
The Kemper is not BS at all! It is an extremely solid platform. It's a proven long term reliable unit used by many pros and amateurs alike (reliability was not good for me but that is another story and that can happen to anyone with any platform).

It was way ahead of its time and undoubtably made everyone else step up a bit more.
The fact that they continue to develop it 11 years later is nothing short of an amazing value.

As you said, there is NO best unit out there. It is a preference and nothing more.
I just wasn't as overwhelmed at all with the liquid profiling stuff and the higher gain patches as much as some would have you believe.

Apologies if I offended.

No need at all to apologize :)

The old saying always comes to mind ...... one persons trash or treasure is another persons treasure or trash ! :)

All the best,
Ben

Back