Done thinking. Just bought some EVH Stealth cabs \m/

Sorry for the brief thread hijack.

How do the new cabs sound at volume?
No apologies :love They sound good! I need some loud gigging time with them. I am going to run the trumpets through them and see how they do and will be jamming them next Friday, with any luck \m/
It's EVH all the way down!
Except on the player side :cry::ROFLMAO:

Its Jive's thread, and I know Jive never tires of seeing these pics, so:

I think your link goes to a spam site?

How Dare You Greta GIF

:grin:grin

Cool idea though.

So hooked the FM3 board up in the loop. Used my post-fx preset which is basically my all in one gigging preset minus the amp block. I kept the cab block and just used a Null cab but used the hi cut parameter as I'm currently too dumb for anything else. Sound KILLER up loud. Strat is bright as fuck so kept treble and presence back. Big surprise is trumpets and synths sound damn good up loud through these speakers. I am betting acoustic simulation would fall apart immediately but trumpets, 80s synth, flutes and organ presets all sounded damn good. VERY pleased with the results

:chef

Its Jive's thread, and I know Jive never tires of seeing these pics, so:

"I've got a chewed up homemade plywood box covered in milk-paint", proceeds to show us the most majestic cabinet I've ever seen

I wasn't going to put this. But I am putting this.

The physics of cabinets, especially since I started using amp modeling; have had me struggling. I fight with my own perceptions on this piece of the rig chain quite a bit. Especially around meal time where my brain is in overthink mode.

:bag

I LOVE 412s but they have to be up LOUD where the sound is at least "even" with what the physics of the experience are giving me. 212s are a lesser but almost worse situation where they are too much to lug around and I don't generally l like what I get out of them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With 112s; I feel like I get more of the pure amp tone and experience without relying on that OOMPH that a 412 gives you. It's not that there's anything wrong with that (pro-tip: because there isn't). It's just I really find myself struggling with the low end as speaker count and enclosure size goes up.

This is all gobbley-gook; I know. It's just what my food lacking brain is up to at the moment :cry::ROFLMAO:

It's true. 4 x 12s have a shit ton of Mass. You need a lot of Air moving to balance out the Mass.

This is why I use dual 1 x 12s at home, and in our rehearsal space (or a 2 x 12). You just get
more Air moving through less Mass, and Magnet, and can maybe even turn your amp up a
little louder and get something more than just preamp sizzle. Not that there is anything
wrong with preamp sizzle. :LOL:

I wasn't going to put this. But I am putting this.

The physics of cabinets, especially since I started using amp modeling; have had me struggling. I fight with my own perceptions on this piece of the rig chain quite a bit. Especially around meal time where my brain is in overthink mode.

:bag

I LOVE 412s but they have to be up LOUD where the sound is at least "even" with what the physics of the experience are giving me. 212s are a lesser but almost worse situation where they are too much to lug around and I don't generally l like what I get out of them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With 112s; I feel like I get more of the pure amp tone and experience without relying on that OOMPH that a 412 gives you. It's not that there's anything wrong with that (pro-tip: because there isn't). It's just I really find myself struggling with the low end as speaker count and enclosure size goes up.

This is all gobbley-gook; I know. It's just what my food lacking brain is up to at the moment :cry::ROFLMAO:
If there is one takeaway point from this thread (which did actually inspire my actions yesterday morning to a degree):

Less thinking; more buying.

Back