Do You Stream Music ?

It's there anyone who doesn't stream?
I'm close. Occasionally I'll pop open Pandora if I want a more random playlist, and it's usually to get my fix for older material from 60's/70's/80's. But most of my listening comes from Apple music because it's albums I've actually purchased. I prefer this way.

Long time Apple Music subscriber. It's fine. Have a family subscription -- everyone in the house uses it.

I'll do YT Music from time to time as well as we have a YT subscription so the kid's don't see ads on YT. I appreciate a different recommendation engine from time to time.

I stream Amazon Music. No ads, good quality, and an insanely large library of tunes.

I will say, there is nothing quite like an old record player spinning vinyl. However, I've been trying to rid myself of physical media for the last decade or so. The Amazon Music app has helped a ton.

I agree 100%, but at my renewal a few months ago, Amazon raised my prices on just their unlimited service, that use to be free with prime, then went to about $89, and now they wanted to charge me around $120 a year in addition to what they are charging for Prime account. Plus it seems the Amazon App is super buggy now where it use to run perfectly.

I watch a lot of YT and found that if you pay for their YT Premium, you get no ads on TV and YT Music comes free with it. IMO, the YT Music app has better quality, the app runs better, and just an overall better UI. I'll probably stay this way until Amazon gets their shit together. Their higher costs with shitty service doesnt work for me just because they are Amazon.

I've been using cracked versions of pandora for over a decade (no commercials) I've got it curated to the point it plays stuff I like and will throw curveballs at me that I typically enjoy.

My dad has a Sirius subscription and I've been logging in to listen to JamOn, the jam band station, lately. Good stuff

I almost never stream. Can't recall the last time I did. I have access to one of the best (if not the best!)
local, non-corporate FM Radio Stations in the US of A. Just dumb luck that some guy with $$$$ had
a passion project to recreate an old 1970s era AOR Station..... but with a more diverse spectrum of "
music, as well as more modern music. I can hear Maiden to Steely Dan to Brandi Carlisle to Megadeath
in the course of an hour. No programming. On-Air DJs. One of which is a killer guitarist who has his
own Shred Segment in the afternoons. :rawk

You can.... uhmmmm..... stream it around the Planet. :beer

That's away from home and on the road. At home I try and be very intentional about what I listen to,
and what mood I am in. It can be anything from Miles Davis to Queensryche, Michael Schenker to
Billy Strings. Music never fails, or disappoints. :love

Last edited:
YouTube from a MacBook into a mini PA with a single speaker that has separate inputs for left and right channels so I can lower or raise volume on each of the 2 channels. At least if that's what's meant by streaming. I usually hear that term used more for movies and vids.

20240525_000120.jpg

I use Apple Music, primarily because I got roped in when the "Apple One" package launched. ($15 a month for Apple Music, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade seemed like a no-brainer at the time. Then I realized everything on Apple Arcade sucked, and almost everything on Apple TV+ sucked. And then the price went up to $20 a month. :D)
I had the same experience with Apple One. Now I just boost my storage to 200 GB for $3 per month and pay for Apple Music each month. Apple Arcade and Apple TV+ were worthless.

I used tidal for a long time. "Hifi" quality is actually good. "Master" quality is MQA, which is lossy and a flat-out lie in terms of their marketing (there are no qualified mastering engineers targeting MQA as a release format). So, avoid that if you can.

I quit using it when I noticed songs/albums disappearing from my "collection" and went back to buying CDs and digital albums direct from the artist whenever possible. Buying a CD direct from the artist (especially if they self-published) almost always gives them more money than the streams you'll give them over the course of your life, regardless of the streaming platform.

Back