Do You Still Update Fractal Firmware?

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
I don't. I haven't in a while. Couldn't even tell you what FW I'm currently on w/o looking. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I rotate through about 10 presets that all have various great tones, so I probably wouldn't truly be able to hear a difference anyway. I think the last update I did had me thinking it did sound better, but that could've been confirmation bias. I never bother doing any A/B comparisons.

Once this latest one is out of Beta, I'll probably d/l it, since people are raving about how the amps do sound better. But I've gotten to the point of, "It's really great as is now."

"How much 'more realer' can it be?" kinda sums up my opinion on Fractal's modeling now.

Now, if Cliff were to make some significant changes to certain effects, that may interest me. Or UI improvements, or add a Freqout, yeah, I'd update for that.

But 80% of me says, meh. Damn thing sounds fuckin awesome just the way it is. And I just don't care about that last 0.5%.

Am I alone? And crazy? :unsure:

I’ve been skipping betas and only downloading FW’s until recently, I think I skipped a couple smaller FW updates in the last 2 years.

I think it largely depends on if I’m working on something at the time they come out; if my head is in writing mode then the gear stuff moves to the back burner. Right now I’m not writing, so I’m all for the current beta stuff, particularly because of what this one is.

bokeem woodbine GIF

I don't. I haven't in a while. Couldn't even tell you what FW I'm currently on w/o looking. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I rotate through about 10 presets that all have various great tones, so I probably wouldn't truly be able to hear a difference anyway. I think the last update I did had me thinking it did sound better, but that could've been confirmation bias. I never bother doing any A/B comparisons.

Once this latest one is out of Beta, I'll probably d/l it, since people are raving about how the amps do sound better. But I've gotten to the point of, "It's really great as is now."

"How much 'more realer' can it be?" kinda sums up my opinion on Fractal's modeling now.

Now, if Cliff were to make some significant changes to certain effects, that may interest me. Or UI improvements, or add a Freqout, yeah, I'd update for that.

But 80% of me says, meh. Damn thing sounds fuckin awesome just the way it is. And I just don't care about that last 0.5%.

Am I alone? And crazy? :unsure:
I don't get too excited about the "tweaked the modeling a bit" stuff at this point and usually hold off until there's a "oh, that's a new toy I'd like to play with" update (reverb updates; Nobles ODR were the latest).

I'm usually not too precious about getting on the latest firmware unless something really cool is added. Usually I can't hear most of the tweaks Cliff makes. 27.00 though sounds way better to me than the previous versions. I can't remember the last time there was a big change in the amp modeling to my ears.

I'll let you know in a few months when it trickles down to the FM3. :hmm

:rofl

(Not whining. I hate that shit. Just a funny and worn out line. I am totally happy with "as isness.")

I haven't in a while

finally pulled the III out of storage to check out 27 beta 2, it was on 26 beta 3. it's better? sure. it's like slow internet tho. I'd rather fuckin bang rocks together. it made gig performer crash 5 times selecting it as an audio interface. crashing gig performer is like crashing a calculator. *opens up guitar rig 7 and chugs manically"

Back