Do you even Horsemeat, bro?

horse-mask-thumbs-up.gif

That other forum says $229 for one of them and $209 for the other, but I can’t remember which is which.

Paul’s a pretty big gear nerd, I watched a few of his livestream interviews and he totally geeks out on old studio gear and stuff. I can’t say a bad thing about PRS, I have no doubt these will be pretty great pedals.

I like the fact that I made light of the name of the pedal that most interests me in this first line :bag

Of course; I haven't seen the price yet.

I can't believe the ad type for that. Really? As if the name is not a reference to another famous Overdrive
that 9.9 out of 10 guitarists use as a transparent boost.

"From scratch" is for desribing homemade Bread and Cookies, not regurgitated Horsemeat Overdrives. ;)

"The PRS Horsemeat transparent overdrive is a from-scratch circuit designed to enhance guitar tone without coloring it. Using germanium diodes, Horsemeat will give throatiness without sounding nasal or too high-pitched and harmonic richness by boosting both low- and high-end frequencies, all while providing more available headroom. Depending on the setting, the PRS Horsemeat can be used as a clean boost, straight overdrive, or even enhance an amplifier’s distortion by slightly pushing the front end of the amp’s preamp section. In essence, “Horsemeat sounds a lot like a good amp.”

These things could be the bees knees, but all I can feel is disappointed because I had a whole day tease getting excited for new SE models.

i guess he probably has heaps of money at this point so it doesnt really matter but pedals is just not a market i would get into at this point. regardless of who makes them or the clever name or anything else... does the world need another OD pedal hahaha. that being said i am sure they are probably pretty good and will sell, we are all suckers for this stuff.

Really strange names, but I'm guessing the pedals will be pretty good as Paul has a lot of attention to detail and I'll bet he's been working on them for a long time. The quality looks pretty dang good and built in the USA, for $249 that seems very reasonable to me. I like the top jacks too. Will have to listen to some demos and see how much gain it can get, actually a little interested in one.

Back