Do Something - Season Three - Week Six (Pack)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week SIX (Pack) As the name states this week is a mind-pretzel contradiction.

"What are you talking about @Iron1?" - the crowd screamed with zealous curiosity from the very edge of their seats!

Well, if you drink too many 6-packs, you develop what's often referred to as a "beer belly". Unfortunately, the aforementioned "beer belly" hides the other sort of six-pack, being well developed ab muscles with little-to-no body fat covering them. The other side-effect that most don't think of when popping a cold one is the picking angle. When your stomach is flat, your guitar and bass hang at a different angle than when you have a belly protruding like you're about to give birth to a bowling ball. (trust me, #TheStruggleIsReal!)

Do you choose rock and roll debauchery or the pursuit of physical perfection? If you pull your strap so high to avoid the belly protuberance that your guitar is essentially a necklace does anyone care? Are these things mutually exclusive? Does your local fitness center have a bar? If you down a 6-pack on the recumbent bike are you, in fact, drinking and driving?

main-qimg-0bf62f4e59be30c46a31efb56688e56f.webp

(Might be able to figure this out a lot faster if I wasn't hungover and sore from the gym...)

Ok, that's enough with the uber-important existential questions. Here's what's happening so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 4
Whizzinby - 4
T Gobbs - 2
Sleezy E - 6
Iron1 - 7
Alex Kenivel - 9!!!!

@FuzzyAce - 3
@Piing - 1
@PLX - 2
@megametal7 - 2
@fretworn - 1
@Moondog Wily - 2
@duzie - 1
BahamaDada - 3
Gearzilla - 1
PLX - 1
@aldunk - 1
@scole - 1

@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 51 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:

Drunk_Workout-1024x427.jpg

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

@Sleezy E - 1

and
@Gearzilla - 1

Ok, time to get going with Week Six (Pack)

man-drinking-a-beer-while-lifting-weights-free-photo-scaled.jpg

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why #ThatDrunkLife is bad (but also good?), why you should really use the gear you buy more than you post about it on a forum, why Chris from W.A.S.P. was an excellent drinking partner in the 1990s, where @DrewJD82 buys his hair care products (and why they smell like Jagermeister-laced-vomit) and more, please refer to the Week One thread.

Hahaha, my eternal conundrum.. Go to the gym or drink?? Although beers are few and far between, I'm almost done with this Costco-sized bottle of Patron.

Shall this be a drinking game? Every time you fudge a recording part, take a drink. Whenever you punch in take two drinks. Whether or not you've finished your project by the deadline, post it so we can all laugh at our drunk selves.

You don't have to participate, I just might!

I like to think of my one pack as a "less is more" victory! As for my participation in this fabulous challenge this "season", I will just hang my head in shame ;~(( Busy week coming up here as well, so we will see if anything gets produced, but kudos to all the participants here!! Great job in the "get 'er done" department!!! Iron1, fabulous week intro as usual, it is always a treat reading them!

Hahaha, my eternal conundrum.. Go to the gym or drink?? Although beers are few and far between, I'm almost done with this Costco-sized bottle of Patron.

Shall this be a drinking game? Every time you fudge a recording part, take a drink. Whenever you punch in take two drinks. Whether or not you've finished your project by the deadline, post it so we can all laugh at our drunk selves.

You don't have to participate, I just might!
Well, hell. I stopped drinking.
:sofa

I’m gonna drop something shortly (tomorrow I think) … will listen to weeks 5 & 6 from everyone and comment. Will post here as soon as I wrap and master. Very close. Two or three more guitar parts and mix.

Takes me a little longer these days because I enjoy doing the full production and I just can’t seem to do it in four or five days with all the worldly nonsense.

Also still trying to get a pro mix; much closer this time I think 🤔??? Ha ha ha - it’s a cruel world…

I built a cool break yesterday.

👍❤️🙏

I've abandoned all nitpicky mixing for these challenges. I'd need an extra week!

Actually, that’s a big part of the problem… I spend a big part of the week working on mixing techniques and technologies … I’ve determined that a couple of things may really help like room/speaker emulation and dips into mono for checks … I’ll get there one day

We shall see … 🤣 I really enjoy the journey 👍

I think I confirmed yesterday how messed up my room is in the lows. Had probably my best mix to date in the headphones, and then when I popped it onto the speakers … whoa.

Learning
Studying College Life GIF

Actually, that’s a big part of the problem… I spend a big part of the week working on mixing techniques and technologies … I’ve determined that a couple of things may really help like room/speaker emulation and dips into mono for checks … I’ll get there one day

We shall see … 🤣 I really enjoy the journey 👍

I think I confirmed yesterday how messed up my room is in the lows. Had probably my best mix to date in the headphones, and then when I popped it onto the speakers … whoa.

Learning
Studying College Life GIF
If it sounds okay in my room with room correction and in my open-back Sennys, I print it. I used to do the living room, the car test and the Alexa test. None of my music is going to be pressed to vinyl so I let it go.

If it sounds okay in my room with room correction and in my open-back Sennys, I print it. I used to do the living room, the car test and the Alexa test. None of my music is going to be pressed to vinyl so I let it go.

I think I’m close… But it’s the actual challenge of it all that I enjoy. I dig complexity and competitiveness in my hobbies. (Not that this is competitive in any way … but it is challenging af)

What room correction software do you use?

Back