Do Something - Season Four - Week 7 (Wonders of the World!!)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week 7 Wonders of the World!

il_fullxfull.4164969823_k9cd.jpg

No this week isn't about the original Seven Wonders of the World. It's about the 7 wonders of the modern world.

Like, I wonder why common sense is no longer common.

I wonder why my band can't find a guitar player.

Wonder why @megametal7 asks such stupid questions.

2qq2px.jpg

This ^^^ I don't actually wonder about.

However, there are so many more things to wonder about than just 7... but it's week 7... so now you can wonder why I made that connection.

Live look in at my last conversation with a woman:

wonder-whats-wrong-whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Anyway, since you're likely wondering what's wrong with me as well, but also wondering where we stand in the, well, standings, let's get on with it.

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

But, before we do that, I wonder...

@fretworn - 1
@PLX - 5
@Iron1 - 6!!!
@Whizzinby - 3
@FuzzyAce - 3
Alex Kenivel - 4
@Desertdweller - 1

@woody - 1
@Sleezy E - 2
@Will Chen - 1
(doesn't really count, but participation trophy is a thing...)
@Moondog Wily - 2

@norminal - 1
@duzie - 1
@la szum - 1

That's 32 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:

images

TGF Do Something Season Four BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week 7 (wonders of the world)!!

In case you were wondering:
lynda-carter-memes-8-37070.png.webp

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why songs featuring lead anal kazoo aren't sucking up the charts, why Corporate Rock is the walk up music of parasitic vultures, intellectual debate on why humans build warheads but mice never build mousetraps, how anyone can sleep at night knowing the lack of submissions is threatening the very existence of this wonderful life, and when exactly young "musicians" will discover the magical crossroads of mixing BeeGees and Milli Vanilla samples into Soundcloud hits, please refer to the Week WON thread. Some assembly required. Prolonged use may result in ED, sleepless-narcolepsy, perpetually arrogant self loathing, more @megametal7 stupid questions and/or wondering how you ever thought you had a shot with Wonder Woman. Your mileage may vary.

Glad to see the full introduction is back! Always great reading it, lots of laughs!! I guess I should have waited to submit my "7 Suns Suite" till this week ;~(( Oh well, maybe I can put something together this week to induce some vomit!!! I will do my best ;~))

I’m way behind… Need to go listen to the last couple of weeks to all y’all’s great music.

I have a notion captured… Just need to develop it for this week. Open-tuned tele.

Got all fired up with the new Helix 3.7 and started to do an "all new Helix" presets song. Then played with the Brit 2203 and the Oblivion for a bit and went back to my tried and true presets.

Did use the Aristocrat amp, Freqout and 'Verb Bloom noobs for the non-high gain tones though. Love that Line6 gave us free new toys, either way.

Last edited:
Got all fired up with the new Helix 3.7 and started to do an "all new Helix" presets song. Then played with the Brit 2203 and the Oblivion for a bit and went back to my tried and true presets.

Did use the Aristocrat amp, Freqout and 'Verb Bloom noobs for the non-high gain tones though. Love that Line6 gave us free new toys, either way.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

Get your war on brother …

Killer Iron! I wanna go break something now.:rofl
Bradley Cooper Rage GIF by Licorice Pizza

I had never played a seven string much so a buddy loaned me a cheapo jackson to goof around with... then 3.7 dropped.

This is the Oblivion amp at pretty much stock settings.. I don't think I messed with it at all. I did however crank the "boost circuit" up to track the sustaining harmonic thingys... you'll see
Double tracked guitars, Bass is Helix G Cougar 800 on an LTD 5 string, SD3 drums, as is tradition
Pay no attention to my sloppy, out of shape playing.. I've been lazy lately...

20231118_152237.jpg

Sweet licks! Love the shirt!! I am a pre-DSOTM Floydster (not that I don't like what came after, just like the early stuff better)!!!

I bought that T-Shirt on a PF tribute gig I saw on 23rd September in Bangkok
1700369777963.jpeg

Here is the 3 hours performance.
It is not an actual tribute band; they are musicians from different goups that decided to do a one show tribute

Last edited:
I had never played a seven string much so a buddy loaned me a cheapo jackson to goof around with... then 3.7 dropped.

This is the Oblivion amp at pretty much stock settings.. I don't think I messed with it at all. I did however crank the "boost circuit" up to track the sustaining harmonic thingys... you'll see
Double tracked guitars, Bass is Helix G Cougar 800 on an LTD 5 string, SD3 drums, as is tradition
Pay no attention to my sloppy, out of shape playing.. I've been lazy lately...

View attachment 13929

Man, you just can't beat the JS22-7 for an entry level 7-string. Listening to that track, no one would know the difference between you playing a $200 guitar or a $2000 guitar.

Killer riffs, too!
It is more fun to play Gilmour with a scalloped neck

Great job! Sounds soooo good. Is that a Warmoth?

Man, you just can't beat the JS22-7 for an entry level 7-string. Listening to that track, no one would know the difference between you playing a $200 guitar or a $2000 guitar.
Right?
I sent the track to my buddy that loaned me the guitar and his first reaction was, "that's really the jackson!?"

haha

Back