Do I get anything different by buying a Triple Rectifier or Badlander if I have a Dual Rectifier?

@Orvillain just curious where you landed on this? Still thinking about a Triple Rec?
Ha! I was just re-reading this thread, spurred on by listening to some recordings of a rehearsal earlier in the week where I used the Dual. It is fucking sick. No question.

I've not made my mind up really. Amps I'm curious about:
- Triple Rectifier
- Roadster (mmmmmm 4 channels appeals)
- Revv Generator MKIII (or perhaps the 100R or 100P)

I've not plugged into my Diezel's for a while, and I think I might sell my D-Moll.

Ha! I was just re-reading this thread, spurred on by listening to some recordings of a rehearsal earlier in the week where I used the Dual. It is fucking sick. No question.

I've not made my mind up really. Amps I'm curious about:
- Triple Rectifier
- Roadster (mmmmmm 4 channels appeals)
- Revv Generator MKIII (or perhaps the 100R or 100P)

I've not plugged into my Diezel's for a while, and I think I might sell my D-Moll.
I’m not even in the market for another Dual Rec and the Roadsters have tempted me with the prices I keep seeing them for. You’ve got the best of many worlds with the Multi-Watt though, but I get it.

There’s a revision G triple that has been sitting on FB marketplace near meat $1200 for a year and I can’t bring myself to grab it it’s just so damn impractical.

Random Triple Rec story - one of my old bandmates had one and used to sit on his cab at rehearsal - sometimes the sheer power would make his legs go numb for a bit. Do you want numb legs? Cause that’s how you get numb legs.

Last edited:
I put the entire question in the title. So you can decide to ignore it or not, without opening the thread.

But since you did open the thread....

View attachment 23729
Looks like the piggie drivin’ in back is
‘high beamin’ the next prospect whom is turning around and getting into position.
The recieving piggie is keeping it’s mind on the prize which is sucking out the leftovers after
the drivin’ piggie is finished & onto the next piggie.

Humans perform this also, oh yes they do!
It is called “Shrimping” and for the deposits,
the receiving dude collects,
He sucks it out with a looped milkshake straw💪.

Look man YOU started it bro.
This ain’t trollin’.. it’s the truth you can’t make up.
You post..I paint the page content bombs,
Much like depth charges released & exploding in submarine warfare but I’m using words fueled by labywrinth’s of lunacy ready to go!!!

Holy LTFOL.

puke-sick.gif

Yes, especially with the Badlander in that selection.
Great rock amp, different clean tone and vibe.
Doesn’t do the Dual/Triple wall of sound thing,can get super heavy though.
For me, the BL is a Rock wall of sound, completely different feel & response then any Recto’s.
A blend of Mark’s with Stilletto sauce?😉
More like that then being in dropped D and hitting that D chord when the drummer hits the crash & kick at the same time and that killer fat wall of sound owning the mix- that’s Recto’s only club.

I bloody pre-ordered a Badlander and then when it was clear that it would never turn up, I cancelled the order! So many moons ago....

Sad Emily Browning GIF by American Gods

I bloody pre-ordered a Badlander and then when it was clear that it would never turn up, I cancelled the order! So many moons ago....

Eddie Kramer told me the very reason YOU
lost your turn on the “bloody” Mesa is because it’s not a bloody Marshall.
I love the way Eddie says “bloody Marshall’s” in his thick Euro accent referring to Jimi Hendrix’s
wall of bloody Marshall’s being always pinned.
Cheers homie!!

Mesa pricing now that they returned is also kinda crazy.. €4k for a Dual Rec... used to be like €2.5k before they abandoned Europe.

Got it.
I much preferred the Deliverance when I had both, but it then again also dug the Memphis.
The Memphis is a rad amp!
The 12ax7 access hatch is DOPE AF!
Sounded insanely good Mullards, 7025 Grey Plates were so awesome in there coupled with the
EL-84’s.
I really got on with the 18watt setting & flavor of the vibe
The best speaker that never left that amp was a Austin Speakerworks KT-70, again ‘beveling’ the
84’s just in time to get up under the inspiration and let it flow.
Cheers!!

Back