Do HX/Helix Preamps work in front of a clean amp?

kartikg3

Roadie
I have a clean pedal platform 5 watter Supro BK10 Amp that I use my pedals in front of. This is me being lazy and curious about everyone's opinions here on if HX Stomp/Helix preamp models work as glorified drive pedals in front of a clean pedal platform amp like that. Please share your thoughts and experiences!

I think its your ears for this one. The Supro has its character that it will apply to everything before it. The preamp models is also their own thing, each is unique very much like “amp in a box” pedals. Each preamp model will sound a certain way through your amp, and maybe very different through another amp.

Experiment friend!

I have a clean pedal platform 5 watter Supro BK10 Amp that I use my pedals in front of. This is me being lazy and curious about everyone's opinions here on if HX Stomp/Helix preamp models work as glorified drive pedals in front of a clean pedal platform amp like that. Please share your thoughts and experiences!
yes, it works just fine. you just have to use it like a conventional board, which means resisting the temptation to turn everything on. do it one block at a time and you will be fine.

I don't do it very often but I like the full amp models over the Preamps as faux drive pedals.

Placater Dirty into my AC15 sounds and feels really good. The preamp version was thin and ugly.

Back