DIY pedalboard, swede style

the swede

Shredder
Yeah. Im gonna build myself a little homeplayer cute board. Or at least try to. It shall be cute. Wasn’t planning to, but we were cleaning out old stuff from the basement and wife told me to throw away and old IKEA thingy… it’s a wood thing that had plastic boxes. I instantly spotted pedalboard in it…
IMG_6070.jpeg

I actually spotted two… you might be thinking the large sides as pedalboard right… nope. It’s the top and bottom parts!

Flip the thing and you’ll see them
IMG_6069.jpeg

IMG_6068.jpeg

So, it’s basically already done… or half done… or like 20% done. Thanks IKEA!

So I’m thinking this
IMG_6071.jpeg

This is the top part, I drew a line there quick to show what I mean. (Yes Jive… that’s a slant… a very subtle slant :grin) The same could be done to the bottom part, but involves more sawing.

So yeah. It’s a start. The size is slightly wider than a Metro 16, and as if the Metro would have a 4’th row. Maybe… I haven’t laid out any pedals or even measured :roflbut that’s not important… the important thing is that this inspires me to do something gear related. This will be a small build, with a very limited and thought out number of pedals. We’ll see… it will take time and a slow process… it’s a purge thing, a cleansing of the soul, a long meditative journey. Goal is to be done at end of the year.

Yeah. Im gonna build myself a little homeplayer cute board. Or at least try to. It shall be cute. Wasn’t planning to, but we were cleaning out old stuff from the basement and wife told me to throw away and old IKEA thingy… it’s a wood thing that had plastic boxes. I instantly spotted pedalboard in it…
View attachment 9652
I actually spotted two… you might be thinking the large sides as pedalboard right… nope. It’s the top and bottom parts!

Flip the thing and you’ll see them
View attachment 9653
View attachment 9654

So, it’s basically already done… or half done… or like 20% done. Thanks IKEA!

So I’m thinking this
View attachment 9655
This is the top part, I drew a line there quick to show what I mean. (Yes Jive… that’s a slant… a very subtle slant :grin) The same could be done to the bottom part, but involves more sawing.

So yeah. It’s a start. The size is slightly wider than a Metro 16, and as if the Metro would have a 4’th row. Maybe… I haven’t laid out any pedals or even measured :roflbut that’s not important… the important thing is that this inspires me to do something gear related. This will be a small build, with a very limited and thought out number of pedals. We’ll see… it will take time and a slow process… it’s a purge thing, a cleansing of the soul, a long meditative journey. Goal is to be done at end of the year.
How could you NOT spot a pedalboard in this picture?!?!?

How could you NOT spot a pedalboard in this picture?!?!?
Funny thing is that this summer ive been so set on not doing the pedalboard thing… ever again… And by that i mean the usual “swede thing” that is ordering stuff that I already sold two or three times :bag So that was decided… but then this happened. An excuse to make something out of a thing that lived its life and is about to die the recycle station death.

Stomp will not go on this board however…

Funny thing is that this summer ive been so set on not doing the pedalboard thing… ever again… And by that i mean the usual “swede thing” that is ordering stuff that I already sold two or three times :bag So that was decided… but then this happened. An excuse to make something out of a thing that lived its life and is about to die the recycle station death.

Stomp will not go on this board however…
I feel you! The churn is always real!

Back