DIY Desktop Rack for Axe FX 3

Nice job.

You're probably going to have to leave it in the sun during the days and bring it into the garage at night for at least a week. Even low VOC finishes will off gas for quite a while.

Then after a few days you'll likely get desensitized to whatever remains until it's fully cured.

Nice job.

You're probably going to have to leave it in the sun during the days and bring it into the garage at night for at least a week. Even low VOC finishes will off gas for quite a while.

Then after a few days you'll likely get desensitized to whatever remains until it's fully cured.

Yeah I didn't realize how long that would take, likely should have gone with a separate stain and water based poly. I'll play it safe and let it sit for several days.

Put the monitor on the stand this morning and it should work a treat. With this I'll be able to position the monitor almost all the way down to the rack if I want, plus tilting. And it's pretty stable. $35 well spent.

Tip: there're versions of these stands you can mount directly to the desk, for an even smaller footprint. Those would work really well for a dedicated audio desk.

Tip: there're versions of these stands you can mount directly to the desk, for an even smaller footprint. Those would work really well for a dedicated audio desk.

I actually have one of those but it doesn't go high enough, and then with the rack shelf, it would be in the way. It's kind of a big stand but should work.

Maybe if I make a version 2.0 I'll have to make something wider with more storage.

I actually have one of those but it doesn't go high enough, and then with the rack shelf, it would be in the way. It's kind of a big stand but should work.

I don't have a photo, sadly, but i once bought a similar stand (with two adjustable arms) that was screwed/bolted directly to the back of a desk. Rock solid too, and i bought it off Amazon for something like $40 at the time.

I don't have a photo, sadly, but i once bought a similar stand (with two adjustable arms) that was screwed/bolted directly to the back of a desk. Rock solid too, and i bought it off Amazon for something like $40 at the time.

This is what I was using:

71LoJcCSlkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Really nice monitor stand as it doesn't shake or wobble, but not super tall.

This is what I was using:

Really nice monitor stand as it doesn't shake or wobble, but not super tall.

Oh yeah, mine was very similar - i guess most designs come from the same factory in China :) I just used the mounting holes instead of the clamp.

Looked pretty much identical as this one:

613mPMI3GbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Oh yeah, mine was very similar - i guess most designs come from the same factory in China :) I just used the mounting holes instead of the clamp.

Looked pretty much identical as this one:

613mPMI3GbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yeah I'm sure there's only a couple factories making the same design. I like the solid mount instead of the hydraulic arm that I found bounced around a lot and took up a lot of space.

Back