Dimarzio Filter'Tron

FuzzyAce

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
They finally released versions of their own! This is so timely too. I've been considering Gold foils or Filter'Trons for my Lindert makeover project -- but I just couldn't decide. I really love Dimarzio and was bummed they didn't have something in that vein. So just checked this morning and they literally just released these today or yesterday. :love This makes me happy!

https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/filtertron

I have these on a Gretsch import and they sound tits. (not the dimarzio's, just the stockers)

I use it on a ton of recordings with hard panned L R guitars.
Humbuckers on one side and filter-thingys on the other... it ALWAYS works

Last edited:
I have these on a Gretsch import and they sound tits. (not the dimarzio's, just the stockers)

I use it on a ton of recordings with hard panned L R guitars.
Humbuckers on one side and filter-thingys on the other... it ALWAYS works
It's the one style of pickup that I've been craving for a while. Last ones I played were also in an import Gretsch and I loved them.
Not 100% sure if the Dimarzios will capture that sound vibe, and are just more about the looks. I'm not against getting some TV Jones either and they have a better variety with these types.

It seems like a weird move to me that all of them are Filter’Tron size, but none of them are designed to sound like Filter’Trons…

One is a “modern” take, one is voiced like a PAF, and one is a Super Distortion.

That last one seems weird to me… the number of Gretsch players looking for Super Distortion pickups for their hollow body Country Gentleman seems like a super small niche

It seems like a weird move to me that all of them are Filter’Tron size, but none of them are designed to sound like Filter’Trons…

One is a “modern” take, one is voiced like a PAF, and one is a Super Distortion.

That last one seems weird to me… the number of Gretsch players looking for Super Distortion pickups for their hollow body Country Gentleman seems like a super small niche
Yeah, you would think they'd offer a more vintage correct version too? Maybe they will at some point.
But I actually like the idea of the Super Distortion one. :grin
Not that you'd want that in a hollow body, but it could be cool in a solid body if you want that sound with 'Tron looks.

Back