Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

Will it ever be possible for multiple footswitch assigned parameters to be to change simultaneously? We're certainly getting into luxuries and minutia now, but it would be a QOL improvement.
That's already doable in the controller assignment screen in HX Edit. That said, I'd love to be able to assign multiple MIDI CC/Program messages to a footswitch in Command Center in stompbox mode. I'd also love to have a few more MIDI slots per preset in Command Center. In my example, I'm using my HX Stomp XL to control MIDI switching on my board and having just two Jackson Audio pedals eats up all six MIDI slots as they each use three MIDI slots to control the three functions on each pedal (I've traded emails with JA about them adding master MIDI all-on/all-off commands at some point to free up command space on some presets/snapshots), so I've had to cut back on how much MIDI I can implement on my board. This really limits how much you can do with the HX platform as the heart of any rig.

That's already doable in the controller assignment screen in HX Edit. That said, I'd love to be able to assign multiple MIDI CC/Program messages to a footswitch in Command Center in stompbox mode. I'd also love to have a few more MIDI slots per preset in Command Center. In my example, I'm using my HX Stomp XL to control MIDI switching on my board and having just two Jackson Audio pedals eats up all six MIDI slots as they each use three MIDI slots to control the three functions on each pedal (I've traded emails with JA about them adding master MIDI all-on/all-off commands at some point to free up command space on some presets/snapshots), so I've had to cut back on how much MIDI I can implement on my board. This really limits how much you can do with the HX platform as the heart of any rig.
Well kind of. You can assign multiple parameters to a single footswitch, but they actually change in a very quick series, not instantaneously like blocks. As an example, if you wanted to up the gain and down the channel volume in an amp block, the gain would increase first, then the volume would lower, it's for a fraction of a second, but you might hear a momentary spike in output between the two actions.

not instantaneously like blocks

Even multiple assigned blocks don't always switch instantaneously. They just seem to most of the time, but there's some constellations when you might get brutally loud pops, such in scenarios when you switch different amp blocks on/off alternatively. There sometimes seem to be very short moments when both amps are on at the same time.

Even multiple assigned blocks don't always switch instantaneously. They just seem to most of the time, but there's some constellations when you might get brutally loud pops, such in scenarios when you switch different amp blocks on/off alternatively. There sometimes seem to be very short moments when both amps are on at the same time.
Yeah, I never alter amp blocks anymore, I just put them in parallel with -120dB gain blocks after them, one activated, and one deactivated, and use that as my switch, I even found the A/B Split's Route To parameter can pop at times.

I don’t use captures, but I can totally understand someone wanting the whole Helix experience (hardware, routing, effects) with their particular captures.

I’d imagine it could pose an identity crisis in the Line6 marketing department, being an amp modeling company and all. But I’m sure that’s what they get paid the medium bucks to deal with.

Yeah, I never alter amp blocks anymore, I just put them in parallel with -120dB gain blocks after them, one activated, and one deactivated, and use that as my switch, I even found the A/B Split's Route To parameter can pop at times.

You should try this?
I think I know what this is. Igor did go in and improve things a while back, and it *does* happen with certain competitive boxes as well. (We checked.)

Controller assignments are indeed serial, and the order in which you assign things can sometimes (but rarely, almost always with very large value changes) make a difference. If a volume jump occurs, assign one amp's volume drop first, then the other amp's volume increase; the drop should happen first in this case.

Out of curiosity what type of speaker are the Catalyst speakers based on?
Had to ping Catalyst's PM. It's a custom speaker that was voiced to sound good and perform well with every model. IIRC, it was <air quotes> inspired </air quotes> by the Celestion Hot 100 (which also sounded good with every model), but the specs and voicing are pretty different.

Are there any plans to use the HX Effects form factor?
To use the HX Effects form factor for... ?

Unfortunately, scribble strips with no main LCD only seem to work within specific types of products. For example, it'd be difficult to make, for example, an HX Stomp XL with HX Effects' UI/layout.
For me, that's a "just right" size. Stomp XL is too long.
For me, HX Effects is too big. We've learned a lot since HX Stomp's development and if we ever do another no-amp-or-cab multieffect, it'll hopefully be smaller. Or squeeze in more stuff in the same footprint.

For me, HX Effects is too big. We've learned a lot since HX Stomp's development and if we ever do another no-amp-or-cab multieffect, it'll hopefully be smaller. Or squeeze in more stuff in the same footprint.

I was talking about the full amp/cab modeler with effects (in the HX Effects form factor). The Stomp's screen is too small for my eyes so a bigger stomp, but not XL shaped.

I was talking about the full amp/cab modeler with effects (in the HX Effects form factor). The Stomp's screen is too small for my eyes so a bigger stomp, but not XL shaped.
Do you mean Quad Cortex form factor? Like Helix LT but smaller and without exp pedal?

That's Helix LTR, which only exists in my head (and some others' here), but it's pretty cool.

Do you mean Quad Cortex form factor? Like Helix LT but smaller and without exp pedal?

That's Helix LTR, which only exists in my head (and some others' here), but it's pretty cool.
there been quite a few mock ups of those over the last few years , but its basically a touchscreen Helix with a bunch more DSP. and the general response is , that would be boring for us as a company and not game changing in any way . and in addition would use up resources needed elsewhere

I can't figure out how to sell a new Helix device with more DSP than Helix Floor, smaller footprint and touchscreen without acknowledging that it would kill Helix Floor forever.

If that happens someday, it will be a brand new device/family.

But having a New Helix LT with same DSP, bigger screen and smaller footprint, I don't think it's that crazy.

Back