Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

Tell you what, if you can drop a NAM player block even if it uses a whole processor (so only on the Floor or LT models), to me it would be a (ahem) “game changer”

• Haha
Reactions: zib
I don't understand why they want NAM inside Helix if the emulated Helix amps are a faithful copy of the original. Do you think NAM sounds more real than Helix?

I don't understand why they want NAM inside Helix if the emulated Helix amps are a faithful copy of the original. Do you think NAM sounds more real than Helix?
While I wouldn't notice a big difference, I can understand it could be a priority if Line6 evaluates profiling as a very decisive factor on choosing brand. I don't think it's the case yet.

The reason I'd like to see capture technology such as NAM in the Helix is mostly to allow me to capture my own amps and use them in the Helix.
Wouldn't that be feasible with, say, ToneX One on the fx loop?

Yeah, I know I know, you could just save that money and fx loop slot.

What amps do you have? Some of those are in Helix but do you like your real one better?
I like these kind of questions. Reminds me of trying to understand why some people ask for things like support for 6 button Mega Drive controllers on a SNES Mini so you can play Mega Drive games... and then that people usually don't play that much 🤣

Wouldn't that be feasible with, say, ToneX One on the fx loop?

Yeah, I know I know, you could just save that money and fx loop slot.
I have a ToneX, but the lack of MIDI makes it less flexible in this regard than a full-fat ToneX

However, a NAM block in the Helix would still be superior in most applications, IMO.

What amps do you have? Some of those are in Helix but do you like your real one better?
*None* of the amps that I own are in the Helix, except, perhaps, my Morgan PR12, which is essentially a Princeton.

It misses the point though - can I get close to my amps with a modelled amp in the Helix?

Probably yes, but not necessarily with the cabs that I have, and I don't have enough time, patience, skill, or mics to produce the IRs I might want.

Would a NAM capture block be easier? Definitely, in my opinion.

Would a NAM capture block expand the Helix exponentially? Undoubtedly! (IMO)

As far as I'm concerned, in this scenario more is more and a NAM block gives me infinitely more.

Probably yes, but not necessarily with the cabs that I have, and I don't have enough time, patience, skill, or mics to produce the IRs I might want.

Would a NAM capture block be easier? Definitely, in my opinion.

If you captured your amp, you'd still not have your cabs captured. Also, as you're not really playing live much (from all I remember), why don't you just capture your amps anyway and use them in one of the various plugins?

Hi there, @Digital Igloo ! Is there any chance of having a new block similar to Waves MaxxBass plugin in the Helix? Yesterday I was using it after a Cougar amp block and it made a huge difference :O

@Digital Igloo , you mentioned that there are some new HX adjacent products on the way. Is it too much to say if any of these will be of the portable / acoustic jam category? I'm looking for a way to contribute some electric guitar to a ukulele group at polite volume, something like a THRII.

If you captured your amp, you'd still not have your cabs captured. Also, as you're not really playing live much (from all I remember), why don't you just capture your amps anyway and use them in one of the various plugins?
I'm well aware of all the options that are open to me, but that doesn't stop me desiring a capture block in the Helix, although I don't believe we are going to get one - it would be nice to have, and I think it could dispel the commonly held misconception that the Helix is somehow old tech!

It certainly isn't a hill that I've any desire to die on! ;)

That being said, I prefer using dedicated hardware over plug-ins most of the time, and of the two places that I regular play in, only one is really setup to use with a laptop and plug-ins.

Now, I think I've sidetracked Eric's thread enough with a pipedream! ;)

Will it ever be possible for multiple footswitch assigned parameters to be to change simultaneously? We're certainly getting into luxuries and minutia now, but it would be a QOL improvement.

Back