Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

Well this is true, i don't think YGG would want idle minds :crazy
So OFC there is a Next Gen Plan in the works, how far is it in all those steps you described ? we certainly don't know and wont know
Well you see, "Next Gen" implies whatever I've been actively working on since late 2017 (and passively since 2004, 6 years before joining Line 6) is some generational improvement of an existing product line instead of something totally left-field that may or may not have anything to do with guitar processing at all.
Yes when he implied that line 6 does a lot, but is not the best at anything... Reverbs and delays are ok but not the best amps are well on par to the QC lol and the audacity and balls to suggest that the QC is what the Helix 2 should be hahahahahahahah
Yyyyyep.

It's kinda a pet peeve of mine—Of the dozens (or hundreds) of things Helix does extremely well, sure, let's continue to set each and every one to a completely different, subjective, arbitrary standard. Amps? Oh, it's not as good as that one model in another product I've been gigging with for 5 years. Reverbs? Not as good as the Strymon I've played every Sunday morning since it was released. Delays? SoundToys EchoBoy. Monophonic pitch-shifting? Eventide. Polyphonic pitch-shifting? Okay, maybe it's the best but it's too DSP-intensive so I'll say Fractal. IR loading? DAW plugins that can blend 16 IRs at once. Looper? BOSS RC-600. Latency? Analog stomps. MIDI implementation? TouchOSC on an iPad. Ease-of-use? A box that all but cloned Helix's UI and added a touchscreen.

Since June 11, 2015, we've maintained that Helix was always designed to be the centerpiece of one's guitar rig, never a replacement for one's guitar rig. Why would we have bothered putting 4 effects loops on the thing if we believed no one would need them?

I have a Roland JP-8080 and use it for exactly one custom preset. It's all over my record and I've tried to recreate it in every softsynth I own but have never gotten close enough. It doesn't mean all those advanced VSTs are somehow inferior to a VA synth from 1998; I'm just accustomed to that particular sound, and that becomes the baseline by which everything else is compared. Likewise, if I'm intimately familiar with playing Strymon reverbs every Sunday morning, of course the Deluxe reverbs in Helix may not instantly and perfectly fulfill that intimacy and familiarity. They were meant to sound great as their own thing.

Oh, it's not as good as that one model in another product
But in reality, do I care what any youtuber thinks ? No,the only thing that matters is that it sounds good to me
The Helix does exactly what i need, its the perfect device and ecosystem for me and yes that's all that matters
Still its funny to watch these professed experts on youtube sometimes lol

But in reality, do I care what any youtuber thinks ?
I agree Stone, but people like Pete Thorn, Leon Todd, Rick Beato... can be pleasant, they make a nice work.
The power of Helix is in its perpetual evolution, and Line6 communicates with customers, directly : priceless.
Who's participating to "ask me anything" here ? I love this thread.

Last edited:
I agree Stone, but people like Pete Thorn, Leon Todd, Rick Beato... can be pleasant, they make a nice work.
The power of Helix is in its perpetual evolution, and Line6 communicates with customers, directly : priceless.
Oh for sure Love Leon Todd hes amazing his explanations on Fractal products are awesome and yes there are others i really like as well

Oh, there are plenty of great YouTube creators. (I particularly like Leon Todd and John Cordy.)

The cadence at which YGG writes, shoots, edits, approves, and deploys its own content is sorta the antithesis of what makes a great channel—quick, timely, and consistent—so I've been flirting with the idea of starting my own (non-monetized) channel that's nothing but under-3-minute-walk-throughs for power users. No intros, no "like and subscribe and ring the bell," just "learn this shortcut, step two, step three, done." Then instead of writing down steps in a forum, I can just link to the video. It'd look super low effort tho', as I have zero video skills; that dumb video I made for Sweetwater took forever.

No intros, no "like and subscribe and ring the bell," just "learn this shortcut, step two, step three, done."

Please do.

It'd look super low effort tho', as I have zero video skills;

Seriously, I think many Youtubers care way too much about that. In case people are genuinely interested in the topic presented, from all I know, they don't give a damn about the looks. And as you've mentioned John Cordy: Yeah, he also sort of updated his video tech recently, but it's still looking like someone mainly being interested in guitar technology and playing.
I wish much more channels would just be way more hands on and less shiny.
Along these lines: The next time I hear Rhett Shull say "without much further ado" (after endless minutes into the video already), I might get a seizure.

Last edited:
Sliderverb?
I don't care much for reverbs, if it reverberates it's good enough, and think there's more than enough of them in Helix already.
But if this is Stellarverb, and in Helix it gets called Sliderverb it would be fucking hilarious :LOL:
Would have to store it in favorites of course, Noby McNobface.

Oh, there are plenty of great YouTube creators. (I particularly like Leon Todd and John Cordy.)

The cadence at which YGG writes, shoots, edits, approves, and deploys its own content is sorta the antithesis of what makes a great channel—quick, timely, and consistent—so I've been flirting with the idea of starting my own (non-monetized) channel that's nothing but under-3-minute-walk-throughs for power users. No intros, no "like and subscribe and ring the bell," just "learn this shortcut, step two, step three, done." Then instead of writing down steps in a forum, I can just link to the video. It'd look super low effort tho', as I have zero video skills; that dumb video I made for Sweetwater took forever.
I read that wrong I saw
I’d look super low effort , I need better reading glasses obviously
I am thinking. Is he is going to do 5 min tutorials no shower and in grey oversize jogging pants and a beer shirt w a spaghetti stain?

Back