Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

A high gain Iridium would be cool, but then you get into where am I going to get my clean channel, which leads to “oh so I have to buy the other Iridium too” etc. It probably makes more sense for Strymon to do a more robust Timeline size box with say 15 amp-channels with a universal B/M/T/P/D knob stack, with a selector knob that lets you rotate through amps in the same way you rotate through Delay types on the Timeline. Amps that can’t conform to that basic stack (have a myriad of extra switches, modes) just get bypassed for the simple(r) tried and true amps. Slap some basic cab controls on the fron like on the Iridium and a few basic reverbs they’ve already developed, and proceed to print money.

@the swede can you have a “flagship” if there is only one device?

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

Last edited:
This is almost precisely the reason I never looked at those pedals. Iridium.... Fender Deluxe for cleans, sure..... but an AC30? Nah.... and a Plexi?? Nah.

AC30 doesn't really live in the same family as a Marshall, and a Plexi isn't the kind of Marshall gain I would want.

If you guys put the US Delux Nrm, Revv Red, and Revv Purple into a Iridum-esque pedal.... yeah, Drew would buy it. Probably no-one else would!!

I'd be interested in one. The hardware for their X-TIME and X-SPACE pedals was decent, but their algo's kinda fell flat for me, so I returned them within the week.

A ToneX loader along the lines of a small Iridium/Timeline sized box.. yeah, I'd be all over that. Out of the three main 'capturing' products on the market (Kemper, QC, and ToneX) ToneX is the best sounding and most accurate one IMHO.

Nah, it'd just be the 10 complainers that exist in the entire world. Nothing to see here. Nope. Nada.

Which Drew? I don’t know if you’re talking in the 3rd person or not. :rofl

I want the JTM45, Plexi and Modded JCM800 version. I know they can fit more amp models than just 3, give me the ones *I* want!

Hello Eric, happy new year to you and all the hard working folks at Line6 /YGG

So i asked this in another thread but I should have addressed it to you

Why do some modeler amps have 3 separate amps like in example clean rhythm, lead, some bright and some jumped
why not just have 1 amp and be able to switch different channels like the real amps?
Maybe implemented in Footswitches or As Snapshots ?
Just curious

Thank you

Why do some modeler amps have 3 separate amps like in example clean rhythm, lead, some bright and some jumped
why not just have 1 amp and be able to switch different channels like the real amps?
Just curious

Thank you
I think that would mean having the amp model being x3 dsp usage. That’s why they are separated.

Just curious

Thank you
Whoa. I was literally having this conversation with Brandon (System Architect) 30 seconds ago. It is DSP-related, yes, but I guess it's also largely memory related—multiple channels of the same amp in a single block might limit the number of blocks a preset can hold. Makes sense; most modelers limit the number of delays and reverbs you can run simultaneously, due to memory constraints. FWIU, Helix has less of an issue with those sorts of things.

I like this place because it is courteous and peaceful. I hate threads with agressive behaviour like 3.2 in another place.
Now it is more serene, 3.5 has calmed down the most nervous protagonists.
Constructive exhange is all we need and the "ask me anything" is a good idea.
Have a nice day forumers and Digital Igloo.

I'll be gobsmacked if IK doesn't release a profile player pedal—it takes very little DSP to run one; any cheap ARM could do it. Neural might too, but if I had to guess, they're instead feverishly working on a single-chip Dual Cortex to snake some of that sweet, sweet HX Stomp money. Because original ideas are hard.
You were right Mr Digital Igloo

Source: I found that on a TGP thread : https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ultimedia-tonex-owners-thread.2399529/page-39

You were right Mr Digital Igloo

Source: I found that on a TGP thread : https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ultimedia-tonex-owners-thread.2399529/page-39
For the record that brand might be just something they filed for when figuring out the ToneX name. It precedes the ToneX. But the ToneX trademark covers pedals too so it's more likely IK releases a ToneX branded box.

For the record that brand might be just something they filed for when figuring out the ToneX name. It precedes the ToneX. But the ToneX trademark covers pedals too so it's more likely IK releases a ToneX branded box.
It will be Intresting people have begged Kemper for years make a small profile player , Neural could certainly be looking at making a capture box , IK would do well if they could get something like this out of the door first , I think there is certainly a market for it

It will be Intresting people have begged Kemper for years make a small profile player , Neural could certainly be looking at making a capture box , IK would do well if they could get something like this out of the door first , I think there is certainly a market for it
Absolutely. I see this as a competitor to a Strymon Iridium, Walrus ACS1, UAFX amp sims etc rather than a Kemper or QC though. It's a side effect that it might make those last two less relevant in the process.

No question, just wanted to note that this kind of posting -- even I completely approve of :beer:beer:guiness

No question, just wanted to note that this kind of posting -- even I completely approve of :beer:beer:guiness
Trying to avoid digging in and explaining how iterative product/UI/GUI design works at "The Other Place©", but the asinine "ooooh, it's just a grid of blocks" comments are almost entirely agenda-based or provocation disguised as ignorance. Or if Cliff's suspicions are correct, paid shilling.

Seeing the music industry has plenty of plagiarism, will you as project manager be more aware and protective (legally) of your next endeavors?
Is it worth pursuing the supposedly 'small' things like colors, fonts, layout, UI, etc?
Is it worth pursuing 'large' things that can put you in a "why don't you prove it" situation with 'invisible' things like your unique Dynamic DSP Allocation?

Last edited:
Seeing the music industry has plenty of plagiarism, will you as project manager be more aware and protective (legally) of your next endeavors?
Is it worth pursuing the supposedly 'small' things like colors, fonts, layout, UI, etc?
Is it worth pursuing 'large' things that can put you in a "why don't you prove it" situation with 'invisible' things like your unique Dynamic DSP Allocation?
It's funny you mention this. I recently learned a certain company is actively trying to patent how the DigiTech GSP1101 does true preset spillover (which is similar to how Helix does it, as our System Architect worked for DigiTech many years ago). And true preset spillover's not even in their product yet.

So add patent trolling to their repertoire of shenanigans.

Trying to avoid digging in and explaining how iterative product/UI/GUI design works at "The Other Place©", but the asinine "ooooh, it's just a grid of blocks" comments are almost entirely agenda-based or provocation disguised as ignorance. Or if Cliff's suspicions are correct, paid shilling.
At FXpansion, we designed Geist (at the time codenamed "Grid") and we brought in a bunch of people to try it out.

They tore it apart.

Another 6 months redesign of the thing... and we ended up with the final releaseable version.

Sometimes it happens, and no amount of gnashing of teeth can change what you need to do.

I don't want to name names, but IMHO it's a mixture of both. I recognize at least one name in that thread to be dumb enough to make such a comment in good faith... and also at least other three which i suspect have direct ties with NDSP.

In any case, +1 to @Boudoir Guitar 's comment. That post was beautiful - and well deserved :D

Speaking of which, i've been wanting to get a Helix signal path tee since forever; they were out of stock on most sizes during the pandemic... and now that i moved out of the US, they're in stock, but Player Wear won't ship internationally. You're tearing me apart here!

Back