Diezel Shootout

To my ears the D-Moll is the bassiest and smoothest, Hagen is tighter, brighter and more "modern" sounding and VH4 is somewhere between the two.

Love this! I've done a bunch of Diezel shootouts myself.
Had a hard time picking which oke I preferred between VH4 and Hagen. Love the D-Moll too but Herbert is the GOAT

Nice. The VH4 comes through the best on my system/ears.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Nice test. Hagen was best to me and VH4 worst here. I liked the low end and top end of the Hagen, it felt a bit punchier in the lows than the D-Moll with a similar top end (Hagen has a bit more upper mid poke). VH4 felt a bit small/limited bandwidth by comparison.

I keep trying to love Diezel amps but theres a consistent thing I hear in all of them that reminds me of the Herbert I had and I just can't see it clicking for me :(

I like the VH4 the best, then the D-Moll. Hagen is too woofy for my ears.

I would like to hear it boosted with maybe a super strat or something less Les Paul-y. Unless I am dumb and you actually did these demos with that 36 fret firecrackle Washburn you've been hiding from us :hmm:ROFLMAO:

The VH4 for me, sounds like it would work very well in a band context. (I just went to see how much one cost used on Reverb, I need a diaper change now! :-)

For these clips I prefer the Hagen, then D-Moll and VH4. The Hagen had a nice midrange quality, the other 2 were less tight and defined.

Back