Carl Weathers passed away

Arrested Development GIF

Sad news indeed!

Even though I loved Carl Weathers in Rocky, Predator, Action Jackson etc, my favorite role of his is still playing a cheapskate version of himself on Arrested Development.

Narrator: Charged with the task of renewing his medical license, Tobias was enjoying his first acting class with Carl Weathers.

Tobias: “I don’t know what your police captain told you about me, but I’m a different breed of cop. I’m from the streets and I’m the last cop you’re ever going to want to mess with in a darkened alley. A dark alley. And I...”

Tobias: Mr. Weathers, I don’t know. Perhaps my wife is right. I don’t know if I’m cut out to be a De Niro or a Regis or a Pinkett-Smith, or a what-have-you.

Carl Weathers: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Tobias, dreams are worth fighting for. Now, are you going to be a fighter or are you going to be a doctor?

Tobias: You’re right, Carl Weathers. I should just march into that restaurant where my wife works and tell her...

Carl Weathers: Your wife works in a restaurant? Do they get a shift meal, or do they just pay half price on select menu items?

Tobias: I don’t know.

Carl Weathers: Well, let’s find out, man.

Back