Captor X type of device without the reactive load?

How about the Friedman Mic No Mo?

Forgot about that. Thank you man I'll take a look at it.

Would you say the OX Stomp/ Ox Box is similar? They claim to be different than IRs

So for OP maybe an OX Stomp

I love UA but their guitar stuff is way too expensive.
I'd rather buy a two notes device for that kind of money.

Last edited:
Sorry for rudeness. If folks like the sound of the analog cab sims, go for it!

I'm sure I prefer a good IR all day, any day because at least I can choose exactly the sound I send to the sound guy but, truth is thst for the kind of gigs I do that's not really important (I'm trying to keep my ego under control here)

I believe I can convince my self that the tool with the best balance between cost, practicality and sound might be the winner.

I'm sure I prefer a good IR all day, any day because at least I can choose exactly the sound I send to the sound guy but, truth is thst for the kind of gigs I do that's not really important (I'm trying to keep my ego under control here)

I believe I can convince my self that the tool with the best balance between cost, practicality and sound might be the winner.
Yeah, there is ABSOLUTELY reason to use the stuff instead of IRs. And hyperbole aside, they sound good. But my ears (both with clips and hands-on use of devices) tell me that "sounding more real" is never the reason to choose the analog stuff over digital options that are available. :beer

“analog filter” is empty words used by top users that have no idea what they are saying.

1710960496532.png

ok, thank you.
this one has also things I don't need like the C.A.B. M+ (which looks like the opus with a screen. Two Notes products always confues me, LOL).
Man it's pretty simple to disable anything you don't want active on the two notes stuff. IMHO those features are a necessary part of the product because most people want them.... It has an app and everything so it is dirt simple to get a few settings down. LOL.

It is probably worth the effort to get something good and learn to use it, which is a one time effort rather than get some gimped product because it is simple. IMHO.

Man it's pretty simple to disable anything you don't want active on the two notes stuff. IMHO those features are a necessary part of the product because most people want them.... It has an app and everything so it is dirt simple to get a few settings down. LOL.

It is probably worth the effort to get something good and learn to use it, which is a one time effort rather than get some gimped product because it is simple. IMHO.

I 100% agree.
The thing with the opus (and all the features) is the extra price I'd pay for what I need compared to other solutions.

All that said two, notes products are my benchmark in this search.

…or by folks that have been running direct for 25+ years and can listen to a clip and say “yup, sounds a lot like the way I did it in the 90s, by combing a couple of analog speaker simulations in series to get a roll-off steep enough to not sound like frying bacon, but to still sound neither like a cab, nor like a mic’ed cab.” Your clip - the playing is sold. The tone isn’t bad. But in my opinion, it would sound much better with an IR or an Ox Stomp. Or, quite honestly, the cab block of a POD 2.0.
If you say so.... these things have been used forever. As far as I know there isn’t any sought after tone that has been recorded with irs or digitalz in general.
I have an induction cooker. Amazing tech. Fire still cooks a better meal..

If you say so.... these things have been used forever. As far as I know there isn’t any sought after tone that has been recorded with irs or digitalz in general.
I have an induction cooker. Amazing tech. Fire still cooks a better meal..
Did you actually listen to the "tones" in your "clip" you posted or did you just plug your ears Lloyd Christmas style and chant "ANALOG FILTERS"

Because it doesn't sound good. Playing? Great. Tone? Not so great.
It only doesn't sound good if you're used to TOP "bright guitar forward" type of sounds. For live use is more than enough and it doesn't require EQs. It sounds decent and more importantly feels great out of the box.

Also, it's fucking weird how all these idiot companies like Two Notes, Universal Audio, Line 6, Fractal, Neural, BOSS, Strymon, etc are all spending all this time working on digital solutions. Dummies! They could just stick a Redbox on the end!
They're geniuses! There's a huge market of TOPers who buy every little box that comes out because of trendy marketing terms.
I would take an IR box that feels like an analog cab sim any day over both so if any rep of those companies is reading please do that!

I get you're looking to marginalize people that frequent the old forum, and it's not without merit. But there are a lot of people everywhere else that are looking for really good, realistic speaker/mic simulations besides TGP. If you think otherwise, cool I guess. But it's kinda sticking your fingers in your ears again.
Yeah but you see if TOP represents the spread of skill in the majority of guitar players in the world then it's more rare than not to hear someone there who can play in tune and not sound absolutely amateurish and do that with a very forward - in your face - guitar tone which doesn't fit anything other than gear demo style clips. Obviously there are people there and everywhere else that are better than I'll ever be but I'm talking in general. YMMV.

Yeah but you see if TOP represents the spread of skill in the majority of guitar players in the world then it's more rare than not to hear someone there who can play in tune and not sound absolutely amateurish and do that with a very forward - in your face - guitar tone which doesn't fit anything other than gear demo style clips. Obviously there are people there and everywhere else that are better than I'll ever be but I'm talking in general. YMMV.
You've let TGP take up wayyyyyy too much of your bandwidth. You do you.

Anyone that’s gonna go around publicly belittling the playing of others better have SIGNIFICANTLY better time feel than the clips you’ve posted have demonstrated. Your playing is solid; but you’re still an amateur hack just like the rest of us. Glass houses, yardda yadda yadda…

Back