Cable IEM for playing with Helix at home?

BahamaDada

Roadie
Title says it: Anybody plays with (cabled) IEM at home through a Helix or similar?

Background: My stuff is in the not-isolated attic. Cccccold winters (but that's ok) and ass-sweat-inducing summers. The latter is now the case. I use DT770s when I use my Helix for jamming or recording. But I sweat so much under them. As soon as I put them on I feel my ears combusting from heat.

Background 2: I am used to IEM (although w/o cable) with the band. "IEM sound" is nothing new to me.

Main question is just: Anybody does this at home? Any downsides? Any tips? Any recommendation for some IEM that won't break the back just for home noodling?

I’ve used IEMs plugged in at home. Just grabbed a headphone cable extension cord from Amazon. The only caveat is to unplug before you walk away. I’ve forgotten about my IEMs being on a lot more than regular headphones.

The struggle is real. I use a set of Moondrop CHU's and a headphone extension cable when I don't want to sweat in my Sennheiser HD650's at home. I use the Salnotes Zeros with the same extension cable at jams because I don't want to schlep my entire IEM rig

Why can't you just go helix into a studio monitor? Works all the way down to talking levels for me. Using headphones is annoying to me, iem would be even more so.

Question has been answered, although, if you want wireless capability, there are IEM systems on Amazon for between $50-$100, not expensive.

Why can't you just go helix into a studio monitor? Works all the way down to talking levels for me. Using headphones is annoying to me, iem would be even more so.
Won't work. Kid has a hearing capability of a bat. Can only play at night. Bad combination.

Already ordered the Moondrop Chu 2. Also have the Salnotes Zero for the band. Most likely will take the Salnotes home (they don't fit well when actually "rocking") and use the Chu 2 for the band. If they fit well.

Won't work. Kid has a hearing capability of a bat. Can only play at night. Bad combination.

Already ordered the Moondrop Chu 2. Also have the Salnotes Zero for the band. Most likely will take the Salnotes home (they don't fit well when actually "rocking") and use the Chu 2 for the band. If they fit well.

dang thats crazy. my 4 sleep through just about anything.

I've got three kids and for all of them we didn't shy away from noise when they were little so we wouldn't have to tip toe around. Now I think I'd have to physically shake my kids awake at this point.

The ones on HiFi Cat went up to $25 recently.

Back