Bought some YA Bogner IRs. Insert Larry David GIF

I'm so glad I haven't fell down the IR hole... yet. But now that I've had some time with the HX stomp I can see where this is heading.:hmm

Great. Another IR thread....

That's Our Gear Forum™

Me everytime there's a new IR thread

5efe9bd01468e5dd22843ad58140fbee.gif

I don't have a lot going on right now so I'm easily pleased

From what I've compared with closer to a CTS or Jensen than a Celestion.
Celestions have a very distinct curve and sound and the Boss ones are not that.

I think it's a good thing you are getting used to Celestion IRs, it will open your ear to a lot of other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT
From what I've compared with closer to a CTS or Jensen than a Celestion.
Celestions have a very distinct curve and sound and the Boss ones are not that.

I think it's a good thing you are getting used to Celestion IRs, it will open your ear to a lot of other options.
Honestly; the only ear opening I want to do is allow me enjoy the baked in updated HX cab block or the DynaCabs once they come to the FM. I have played through t-75s, 65s, Greenies and V30s as well as Creambacks from time to time. None of those experiences have been matched by any IR but there is obviously the physics and other scientific factors at play.

Reads like you are trying to make IR+PA sound like Amp where I'm at.

That Is Impossible GIF by Saturday Night Live

:LOL:
Well I should say that most IRs have tried over the mountain of time I have been doing this have been underwhelming. The Boss are the only ones that have consistently stuck around. I'll go ahead and not mention the fact that my next experiment with full PA support will include micing the F12 :unsure: :oops::facepalm:wat:satan

I cannot follow in his path… my mentor has strayed, towards rabbit holes he proceed…

Honestly, yes, Yorks IRs sound great. The Bogner and M65 are the ones I liked the most.

I’m perfectly happy with the new HX cabs though

Interested to find out your thoughts on that experiment. I don't think coaxial speakers are designed to sound good from 2" away. :hmm A single mic on a high and low frequency driver seems fraught with danger.
On further reflection I dislike this idea even more since this idea is essentially micing an aleady mic'd cab.

Things that make you go HMMMMM...

:rollsafe
:columbo:popcorn

On further reflection I dislike this idea even more since this idea is essentially micing an aleady mic'd cab.

Things that make you go HMMMMM...

:rollsafe
:columbo:popcorn
4 pages. Knock yourself out :sofa:rofl Edited for if I felt like bolting another 2lbs on to the rig; the Behringer DI tap could feed FOH.
steve martin film GIF

Last edited:
4 pages. Knock yourself out :sofa:rofl Actually; I could just buy another Behringer active DI and use the direct feed off of that.
Yeah. I needed a Valium after page 1.

All you need is the FM9 and that Boss Synth thingy in to a high end "FRFR" for stage volume. Go directly into the PA when appropriate. 3 Boxes. Easy set up. Can easily do everything you need at a gig and will sound amazing doing it.

Easy peasy. :stirthepot
:sofa:hugitout

Back