Blackstar HT MK3 amp line...

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Is it me? I mean as far as the MK2 and MK3 go, all the online demos sound like complete shite. They claim to have made "improvements" in each succession but as far as tone goes I don't hear any improvements. Granted I have only briefly played through a MK2 50 watt head but have either owned or played through just about every iteration of the MKI HT series and they sound much better to me. I dunno. I know @KyleBull just did a Mark3 video and thats what I am going off for the MK3.

surface mount components, solid state phase inverter, loads of features and budget construction.

aside from those reasons, blackstar just don’t sound good enough to justify all the BS involved in their design. even if you find a tech that’s happy to work on them, the cost of any repair is probably going to be more than the amp is worth.

surface mount components, solid state phase inverter, loads of features and budget construction.

aside from those reasons, blackstar just don’t sound good enough to justify all the BS involved in their design. even if you find a tech that’s happy to work on them, the cost of any repair is probably going to be more than the amp is worth.

I never really thought of them from a serviceability perspective but when you point that stuff out it makes my interest in Blackstar wane a bit. I mean I have owned a bunch of the HT series from the HT5 metal to the 40w combo and 20w, 50w, and 100w heads and never once had an issue (discovered the fx loop problem I had with the 20w head was me not the amp) BUT I'd be damned pi$$ed off if I had to pay more than an amps worth to get it fixed. Just the fact they hide their schematics is almost enough to make one leery.

i dont think ive ever seen anyone using a blackstar out in the wild and this is the only place i see any discussion of them, not sure whos buying their amps to keep the company afloat :idk

loads on Brad’s channel going through common faults. Almost always related to compromising on design to get cost down, or trying to cram too many features in and just ending up with loads of points that can fail.

Psionic’s channel has a load of stuff too:

i dont think ive ever seen anyone using a blackstar out in the wild and this is the only place i see any discussion of them, not sure whos buying their amps to keep the company afloat :idk
IMG_0687.jpeg

This was 3 weeks ago-

I’ve never played through one, my uncle had an HT40 he gigged for a while but that doesn’t say anything because he just churns gear whether he loves it or not.

This was 3 weeks ago-

I’ve never played through one, my uncle had an HT40 he gigged for a while but that doesn’t say anything because he just churns gear whether he loves it or not.

i just saw him in the rather lengthy artist list, im watching some other demos now and its just a lot of "pretty decent" but nothing really standing out that i want to go try one.

I have 2 Blackstars, so maybe I am responsible for the other 38% of sales.

I'd never buy an HT/Stage/MK this or MK that. Turds.

I am not going to determine the value of an entire brand based on some
of their cheaper and crappier offerings. I mean, is Fender just Mustang?
Is Marshall just MGs?

Damn near every brand has put shit out into the world.

Yeah, Artisan series was/is all handwired. Super simple/traditional circuit.

The Series One line is really good, too. Outside of that? Next! :rofl

Back