Best swaps between LesPaul and Statocaster on the stage

I don’t know how I never heard of these guys, this is right up my dad’s alley.

Now I’m curious about that Strat; it’s got a 50’s headstock in 1975, 3-ply pickguard which didn’t pop up until the 60’s, Fender logo is pushed back like they placed it in the early/mid 60’s. Guessing it’s a partscaster that’s been resprayed. @Eagle, whatcha think?

Now I’m curious about that Strat; it’s got a 50’s headstock in 1975, 3-ply pickguard which didn’t pop up until the 60’s, Fender logo is pushed back like they placed it in the early/mid 60’s. Guessing it’s a partscaster that’s been resprayed. @Eagle, whatcha think?

There was a web named latimerish.com that had a lot of detailed info about his gear (a kind of a gilmourish.com) but it dissapeared a while ago. The Les Paul is a Japanese copy, but I have no idea about that Green Strat

If you've never heard Camel, you have a jewel to discover. Enjoy it! They have many great albums. Latimer has been a primary influence to many guitarists, from Steve Rothery to Steven Wilson

He had some health issues since long time ago (Polycythaemia, a kind of blood cancer), but he is still active

Last edited:

A great guitar solo most people have never heard.

A Nod and a Wink is one of my many favorite Camel albums. It has a special ambience. Actually, many of their albums have their unique and distinctive atmosphere though all the songs. Rajaz, Dust and Dreams, Harbour of Tears, Stationary Traveler...

I will hijack my own thread to camelize it 🐫🐪

It’s probably a 60’s with a neck swap . It has a transition logo and pre 62 dot spacing. It could even be a 50’s fender neck with a mid 60’s logo on a 63/4 body.

I fucking love Camel!!!! The downtempo pscyhe jam in the 3 parter White Rider off of Mirage has been getting me rock hard since high school. Great band

I was going to mention Ween at first, but I misunderstood literally swapping from an LP to strat, I thought at first you meant a band that has a duo utilizing strat and LP at the time

The Man of the Stratocaster swaps to a LP with P90s. Not within the same song, but for some themes.

Back