Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 5. Other

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 6. NEVER mix the two

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Achilles

Rock Star
When blending the two, which type of reverb algorithm fits best with a delay in your opinion?

Man, I'd think its pretty subjective to the player and type of music being played. For me I guess it's spring, but juuuuuust a touch if using with delay. Ideally from an old Fender reverb unit with a Roland Space Echo, for maximum authenticity. :p

I'm a fan of plates and halls regardless of the usecase.

I do think the spring reverb in the Volante is a good thing to blend with the delay sounds though, adds a bit of smoothness to it.

What kind of delay sound and how prominent is the reverb in question? What kind of music and how much gain are you typically using?

D

EQD Afterneath for all sorts of fun with just about anything

Most of my time = whatever is in the Yamaha THR10

Other configurations I use:

Strymon Volante - Spring
Fender Reflecting Pool Delay/Reverb – mostly Plate
EQD Dispatch Master – I’m unsure what other than Digital
EQD Avalanche Run Delay/Reverb – see above
Full Ambient knob twiddling = Meris Mercury 7 and Polymoon

Strymon Timeline and Cloudburst – I need some more time with them
Digitech Polara and Alexander History Lesson – see above

Taste thing definitely…

I’ll mostly run a longer darker plate with delay. And in that case the delay would be max 3 repeats where the last can be made inaudible with playing style. Ambient/post-rock is my thing and usually there’s no typical way of things at all.

Too subjective to vote without some contextual guardrails. There are 2 scenarios where I use reverb with delay:
1. Shimmer verbs when I want to be fabulous - almost always with tape or space echo.
2. The spring reverb on the space echo - it’s just part of the thing, though the RE-202 adding other reverb types in a firmware update was pretty clutch.

In almost all other cases it’s verb is just getting in the way for a lot of the stuff I play.

Back