Best Of All Worlds Tour Thread 5150/Sammy/Satch/Van Halen

Big part of the magic of VH was the brothers. For obvious reasons (duh) but also more intangibles like their relationship. Al's such a beast and I wish he would let people shine a light on his talents a bit more than always looking at Ed.

"Helloooooooo Baaaaaaaby!" :rawk

I ain't talking about whataboutism and know betterism up in here. Because I fucking don't.
Who the hell am I?
:LOL:

Anywho, just going to enjoy the ride, the show next summer, and the chill vibes and cool
banter about it all. Could dredge up a thousand reasons why this and why not that, and
should of here and should of there. But that's just keyboard warrior banter that adds no value
and doesn't make any kind of music any more enjoyable. Just glad to be kicking long enough
to see something like this. It's all a gift. Even if you hate the sweater and will never wear it. :beer

Our High School Class of '86 Song was "Dreams."
I love that one too. Listening to the whole album now as we speak \m/ Godd@mn EVH and Alex and really all of them...would have been a treat to be a fly on the wall at a jam in this era.

I am on OU812 now. Eddie definitely turned the gain down on this compared to 5150. Kind of
never noticed it before. :idk

Sammy’s a shit or get off the pot guy, Alex seems to be a “I’m aware of the pot, I’m aware people want me to shit, but I dunno if I wanna shit” kinda guy.

And while Sammy can still deliver passable versions of these songs, I’m sure no one is more aware than he is that his time limit on that is ticking down, faster by the year. If I were faced with “I love touring and playing, I love these songs, I love the fans and I won’t be able to do this much longer. I can wait until Alex and DLR are ready to go, or I can just do what I’ve been doing for the last 30 years and go do my thing”, I’d be doing my own thing as well.

Inviting Alex and DLR to come out at any show was a great way to display “I’m not the problem here” and I’m sure he’d invite Wolf up onstage anytime, he’s had nothing but good things to say about Wolf. Really, Sammy only throws shade towards DLR these days. :rofl

And everyone will have their idea of who the better guitarist would be, this happens with every tribute or member lineup change, but in the end the band is always going to pick the guy they’re most comfortable with on a personal level as long as that guy can do the job. Sammy’s got Satch and Vic Johnson to call on, two dudes who can absolutely handle VH tunes and he knows he can spend a lot of time with in enclosed spaces.

"Helloooooooo Baaaaaaaby!" :rawk

I ain't talking about whataboutism and know betterism up in here. Because I fucking don't.
Who the hell am I?
:LOL:

Anywho, just going to enjoy the ride, the show next summer, and the chill vibes and cool
banter about it all. Could dredge up a thousand reasons why this and why not that, and
should of here and should of there. But that's just keyboard warrior banter that adds no value
and doesn't make any kind of music any more enjoyable. Just glad to be kicking long enough
to see something like this. It's all a gift. Even if you hate the sweater and will never wear it. :beer

I may go old school and just avoid chat/videos/reviews until I see the show. I did that for VH in 2015. No expectations or preconceptions other than my own, just experience it in the moment.

I am on OU812 now. Eddie definitely turned the gain down on this compared to 5150. Kind of
never noticed it before. :idk
Thanks, now I'll have the finish what you started lick in my head all day.

No worries tho.. so tasty

Back