~BEER~

A lot of places carry Old Rasputin
It's in my top 5 stouts, give it a try if you can't find the Founders (also in my top 5)
14428364111902.png
Old Rasputin got me through law school.

I like all kinds of beer.

Have been enjoying a local pilsner of late: Lets Talk About Czech's. NEIPAs like Moon Rover and Oh-J do it for me as well. And I can drink anything from Alagash, any time, and be pretty happy with my lot in life.
I haven't tried those. I should get out more. :rofl
I guess my favorite beer of the last few years would be Oyster City's Hooter Brown. They're out of Apalachicola, FL near where I grew up. Really good stuff.

Yea, "buy local" when it comes to beer is how I roll most of the time.
When I lived in SF, I was only 4 blocks from Anchor Brewing Company and would go to the office, pay for a case (Steam Beer or their Christmas Beer) and go downstairs and retrieve a fresh case right off the loading dock from the workers! Funny thing there is, if I had not done so and instead purchased from a store, it would have already had two trips across the GG bridge because there distributor was in Marin county, so all beer went there before coming back to the city!

When I lived in SF, I was only 4 blocks from Anchor Brewing Company and would go to the office, pay for a case (Steam Beer or their Christmas Beer) and go downstairs and retrieve a fresh case right off the loading dock from the workers! Funny thing there is, if I had not done so and instead purchased from a store, it would have already had two trips across the GG bridge because there distributor was in Marin county, so all beer went there before coming back to the city!
Anchor made the only Christmas beer I've ever enjoyed. Shame that they're done (I heard maybe an employee buy out...but we'll see...).

Anchor made the only Christmas beer I've ever enjoyed. Shame that they're done (I heard maybe an employee buy out...but we'll see...).
Yeah, I read a few weeks ago about the closing of the brewery! Bummer!! Employee buyout would be cool, but not a lot of faith in my mind considering the place had been sold to corporate (Sapporo) interests in 2017. Then again, considering the history of this company, it certainly could happen!

Back