Because of you crazy people, I tried detune for the first time.

Been seeing all sorts of posts around discussing detune and extolling it's virtues....so today I tried it for the first time. 😚

Used it in stereo instead of my one sided vibrato that I normally do in my own basic preset.... always.

Can't say I'm like way in love, but with some tweaking, in a power trio, one guitar situation...it could be a life saver.

It instantly makes me want to play like I got a pair of socks in my trousers, but it is fun ... Especially if you get it just right ....it is better than chorus at times ....so yeah...thanks guys and gals, and otherwise living organisms.

Detune almost always sounds better than chorus IMO.

My first experience with that effect was from this pedal. I bought it for the harmonizing features, but ended up using it for the detune sound most of the time.

1724416614538.png

To be truthful, I rarely use chorus these days ...as I run in stereo mostly, I generally use a variation of vibrato on one side of the field, to create a physical chorus effect, subtly.

But this detune, in a 3 instrument situation, could help fill the air nicely, without getting in the way ....I really like being able to adjust the mix and the delay times.....very nice.

There's quite a few tricks with detune that can make your guitar tracks sound bigger.. more spread within the stereo field.

I've been using this one lately.

Eventide H-910 dual. 2 cents sharp/2 cents flat, L/R

jANcuVZ.jpg

There's quite a few tricks with detune that can make your guitar tracks sound bigger.. more spread within the stereo field.

jANcuVZ.jpg
That is so funny, the preset I set up was essentially the same, I used -/+ 3 cents on either side.... literally setup the same exact way, spread mix and all. Cool ...my ears heard what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation!😂👌

jANcuVZ.jpg

Any modulation on that?

That is so funny, the preset I set up was essentially the same, I used -/+ 3 cents on either side.... literally setup the same exact way, spread mix and all. Cool ...my ears heard what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation!😂👌
Oh, I think I got that from EVH.

Supposedly this was one of his old Eventide settings for his live rig, at one time.

This setting will 'widen' a drum track in a mix, as well.

I love my dual detune.

My happy place is a 3-cab w/d/w setup with the wet cabs having a mixture of dual detune, dual delay, and dry signal ALL in parallel. This is super easy to setup in the Fractal. Less so in the QC, but I managed to figure it out.

One EVH style setup was detune at +/- 9 cents and delays at 798ms on one side and 398on the other. I love that but love it more with detunes at +/- 11 cents.

I love my dual detune.

My happy place is a 3-cab w/d/w setup with the wet cabs having a mixture of dual detune, dual delay, and dry signal ALL in parallel. This is super easy to setup in the Fractal. Less so in the QC, but I managed to figure it out.

One EVH style setup was detune at +/- 9 cents and delays at 798ms on one side and 398on the other. I love that but love it more with detunes at +/- 11 cents.
I really want to get a stereo power amp for the w/d/w goodness. I can't afford tube...but a decent rack power amp would do, for my fun anyway.

Back