Bandmix Finally Paid Off...

Byrdman

Roadie
Has anyone ever set up a profile on Bandmix? https://www.bandmix.com/b-byrdman/ CL in my area is coved up with freaks and crazy's so I figured I'd try it. I still check CL every once and a while, but the only sane posts I have seen are church groups, and I'm not a big organized religion person, plus I think their music sucks!!

I put a free profile up probably about a year ago, and I got a call on Friday from some guys that had a pretty good cover band that broke up a while ago looking for a guitarist to get something started up again. I was right up front with I'm pretty good rhythm and can handle easy solos so they know they are not getting EVH here, and he said "No Worries, we are more interested in someone that is cool, no drama, and can learn covers, everything else will work itself out." They sent me 4 songs today to learn and asked me to send them my 3-4 best.

The songs they want me to learn are Living After Midnight, Slither, My Best Friend's Girlfriend, and LaGrange for the first practice.

Wish me luck, fella's!!

That's awesome! Nothing like playing with other people. :banana Just takes the potential fun to
an whole other level, and with making new friends as an adult being so challenging, the
window music offers us to making that happen is just so cool.

Oh, and it is kind of interesting how regions are so different. Never made a single meaningful
connection via Bandmix, but have hit the jackpot too many times to count via CL. Go figure. :idk

Have a blast prepping. :beer

I paid for BandMix a few months ago for 3 months.

I sent messages to over 20 singers over the course of several weeks.

The first one responded quickly that she was already involved in several projects with no free time.

Not a single reply other than that... I only sent messages to members that were recently "active".

I've seriously started to wonder if they are fake profiles to make BandMix look more active.

I mean, in the past I've had far greater results using craigslist... Even if the people weren't a fit for us at least they replied.

I paid for BandMix a few months ago for 3 months.

I sent messages to over 20 singers over the course of several weeks.

The first one responded quickly that she was already involved in several projects with no free time.

Not a single reply other than that... I only sent messages to members that were recently "active".

I've seriously started to wonder if they are fake profiles to make BandMix look more active.

I mean, in the past I've had far greater results using craigslist... Even if the people weren't a fit for us at least they replied.

I was thinking of doing the same, pay for like 90 days so I could contact others. The first 2 times of trying to play with some other musicians was that the first group wanted to just drink beer, smoke weed, and listen to music which is fine, but I brought all my shit over so lets do this was my attitude and not theirs. The next group would set a date to practice and canceled every time, so I quit talking to them.

I have found bands as well as replacement players for my bands through Bandmix. It has been the best source for me. I never did the paid part and still had good luck with it. I still get pings from my profile on there and haven't logged into it for a good long while. I have been trying to figure out what kind of playing situation I would like to be in. If I figure that out, I will definitely update my profile since it has worked well in the past.

Always have way better luck on bandmix than anywhere else. Found our current lead guitar on there and the guy has been nothing short of amazing all around so far.

Good luck with the band thing. It can be frustrating at times but when things are tight and sound great, it's like a drug.

I have a profile and periodically check it out. No luck so far. Either what I find isn't for me or seems like someone's padded resume who is trying for a label contract (with Grammys on the shelf already). LOL

I made a free band mix profile years ago, on which you're not allowed to type an email address, but I figured out a way to get it on there and got some emails from a few different groups. One group was an original band not too far from me. We wrote songs like mad but couldn't get a reliable singer so I reluctantly sang for a gig before the bassist moved away and we disbanded.

I get messages from folks from time to time but still nothing solid since that one time. I really should check it.

I made a free band mix profile years ago, on which you're not allowed to type an email address, but I figured out a way to get it on there and got some emails from a few different groups. One group was an original band not too far from me. We wrote songs like mad but couldn't get a reliable singer so I reluctantly sang for a gig before the bassist moved away and we disbanded.

I get messages from folks from time to time but still nothing solid since that one time. I really should check it.
Yeah, I have my phone number in words and numbers in my description so that may have helped a lot. It seems there are a lot of free accounts that you are unable to contact if you are free as well without a phone number or email address.

Always have way better luck on bandmix than anywhere else. Found our current lead guitar on there and the guy has been nothing short of amazing all around so far.

Good luck with the band thing. It can be frustrating at times but when things are tight and sound great, it's like a drug.

Thanks! Looking forward to just getting more experienced and if it works great, if not, I'll find something eventually.

If not fake profiles, they're almost certainly fudging the 'last active' date. I have repeatedly seen 'active' listings with things like "get in touch soon - we have gigs lined up for 2012!"

I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I signed up in July - a band not too far from me was looking for a lead guitar player, and all of the songs were super fun rock-out pieces I'd learned as a kid, totally part of my musical DNA. They asked me to learn a handful of songs and get back to them in a couple of weeks for an audition. I practiced the hell out of them, got my Axe-FX presets totally nailed down, and when I followed up they told me they'd already found someone. It was a huge disappointment, and I haven't found anything since.

If not fake profiles, they're almost certainly fudging the 'last active' date. I have repeatedly seen 'active' listings with things like "get in touch soon - we have gigs lined up for 2012!"

I thought I'd hit the jackpot when I signed up in July - a band not too far from me was looking for a lead guitar player, and all of the songs were super fun rock-out pieces I'd learned as a kid, totally part of my musical DNA. They asked me to learn a handful of songs and get back to them in a couple of weeks for an audition. I practiced the hell out of them, got my Axe-FX presets totally nailed down, and when I followed up they told me they'd already found someone. It was a huge disappointment, and I haven't found anything since.

Sounds to me in the end you got lucky. Thats messed up what they did and they are obviously not the kind of people to be trusted.

have not tried bandmix, glad it worked out for you. CL seems to be decent around here still, FB musician groups are better though.

I’ve had no luck in this Podunk town in NW New Jersey on Bandmix.
I’m not looking to play the local bar circuit or record an album to get “discovered”
Optimally I wish to find people that would like to jam without judgment for fun and a laugh or two .

have not tried bandmix, glad it worked out for you. CL seems to be decent around here still, FB musician groups are better though.

Where I am the FB groups are a breeding ground of backstabbers in the musician groups if you are looking for someone. Especially if you aren't part of the local muso clique. I hate cliques so I found out the hard way.

I’ve had no luck in this Podunk town in NW New Jersey on Bandmix.
I’m not looking to play the local bar circuit or record an album to get “discovered”
Optimally I wish to find people that would like to jam without judgment for fun and a laugh or two .

Thats my other project I have going. We have no "goals" or end game. We just get together weekly and jam out some songs and have some laughs. It's usually fairly early in the day so we don't really drink or anything, we just play nice n loud. We do have homework that we try to stick to, but other than that there's no real guidelines. We do anything from folky stuff to slow blues to high energy rock to grunge and even dip our toes in some metal here and there. If someone tosses a private party gig at us down the road or something we will play one here and there.

Thats my other project I have going. We have no "goals" or end game. We just get together weekly and jam out some songs and have some laughs. It's usually fairly early in the day so we don't really drink or anything, we just play nice n loud. We do have homework that we try to stick to, but other than that there's no real guidelines. We do anything from folky stuff to slow blues to high energy rock to grunge and even dip our toes in some metal here and there. If someone tosses a private party gig at us down the road or something we will play one here and there.
That’s what I’m talking about!!!
That sounds ideal.
Run with it and enjoy @Bob Zaod

Networking and canvassing and connecting is important. The platform seems less so to me. Just get out there,
and find people. Make friends. Have fun! Kiss all the frogs until you find your Princes or Princesses!! :beer

And if we are not having luck just yet, then we can always work on our skills so when the time comes we'll be
more than prepared.

What's that saying, "Luck = Preparation x Opportunity?"

Back