Au contraire mon frère!

I'm Finding out more and more that a dirt pedal is not really required the amp and the built in boosts or a clean boost before the amp for the solo's and some EQ in the Cab block and maybe a Para EQ at the end of the chain is more than plenty to get me where I want
More of a EVH approach

to Quote EVH

"Never used any distortion pedal"

:idk
I'm talking about an actual amp. Your next stop on your gear journey
:rollsafe:grin
Which thorpy pedal?
Heavy Water. Nice sizzle, nice fattness. Very juicy :guiness

Also, to clarify, I think Helix/Fractal drives are great when used with Helix/Fractal amps. It's in front of a physical amp that I was talking about, too.
When someone says
7xsn0h.jpg

I only agree with them when they are trying to stack hashy-ass sounding digital drives in front of a traditional guitar amp. So much gross digital sizzle :barf

Try the Prince of Tone with a boost in front. Hit the front end of the amp hard and then tame the volume in the effects loop.

Overloading the first preamp tubes in an amp is really one of the classic ways to get fat, singing overdrive tones.

When someone says
7xsn0h.jpg

I only agree with them when they are trying to stack hashy-ass sounding digital drives in front of a traditional guitar amp. So much gross digital sizzle :barf
Weird. IME HX drives shine more with physical amps and less with the HX amps. Those switches that seem to do nothing in some of the models actually make markable changes in front of a physical amp. I was quite suprised even with the drives into my Fender Frontman :bag

Cliff has heard you and he will be hard at work
:D
Maybe I should go talk to him, aka make a wish thread...

I find the Empress EQ to be a great versatile boost in front with plenty of push. You can shape to anything really. The Suhr Koko is a great two in one clean boost on one side, overdrive on the other with mods control and a bit more push and headroom than some others. The Timmy by MXR are a great wallet friendly option.

Back