Are you happy with your tones?

Some days, some guitars - a resounding yes. Those other days with those other guitars, or even the same day with other guitars? Heh, not so much.

One thing I'm dealing with is since I paid for Omega Amps DI Kemper profiles I literally forking hate 99% of my other profiles. It's like the reverse of ear fatigue, it's more like they've seasoned my ears with their inherent sizzle and now I want that damn sizzle everywhere and I can't have it.
Hey! A Kemper user here haha, just posted a profile of our UberSonic pack for free, sounds like you will like it!

I used to have a GT-100 and some older GT models before it. I loved them all! When the newer modelers came out, I tried Headrush... and wow! It made me realize the outdated tones from the GT-100. It wasn't bad at all, but the Headrush tones are amazing! However, the accessibility of tons of IRs out there is just very tempting enough to lead me into an endless search for the perfect tone! They are all good, but it's like an addictive drug that you can't get enough! So, I just stuck to one and be committed to it. I just add effects around it if I need for a particular project.

So, am I satisfied with my tone? Well... I have to. Or else, it would be a wild goose chase looking for the perfect one that will also be costly.

About month ago, I would have answered "No".

Now... finally, it's a ✨ YES ✨ .

I should be happy right? Well, yeah, I'm much happier. Perhaps the gear insanity has come to an end.

But now I'm thinking: will I have nothing to discuss on a gear site, if I'm happy with the gear and don't need to buy anymore for a while?

I enjoy this place.

Speeding On My Way GIF by SuccessionHBO

These places are not just for the discontented and long-suffering, are they?? :idk

:beer

These places are not just for the discontented, are they?? :idk

I dunno... I just feel that I should do the right thing and hand in my access card if I'm settled with the current gear?

Or else, I could just hang around for a lot longer and mostly just do poop and monkey butt gags - I'm still good for that.

This is a place where I can relax and act my true mental age, after all.

Last edited:
I dunno... I just feel that I should do the right thing and hand in my access card if I'm settled with the current gear?

Or else, I could just hang around for a lot longer and mostly just do poop and monkey butt gags - I'm still good for that.

This is a place where I can relax and act my true mental age, after all.

May this forum be your poopy butt canvas!

Haha! I bet that was a legit art medium at one point. Probably in NYC. Probably in the 1970s.

turdles-not-in-half-shells-prints.jpg

I once saw an art piece in the Tate, London that consisted entirely of Elephant turds, IIRC.

I didn’t like it and wasn’t impressed.

Are you content with your tone as it is now, or are you still on the search for the perfect tone?
At times. To me the tone is going to be kind of relative to what’s occurring around it. So not much in the way of actively searching for one perfect tone.
There’s a myriad of questions that brings up in my mind; is it just ONE perfect tone, do you know what the tone is, or are you still trying to figure it out?
I can generally get to a tone that I enjoy, and think for the most part that other musical elements seem to have more of an impact on whether I’m content. Typically my guitar mood mainly varies with how I’m feeling about my playing.

Last edited:
I'm mostly using an HX Stomp into the effects return of a Katana with a Celestion G12M 65, and created some IRs of that. Three presets; one AC30, one HBE, and one Mesa (Badonk), all with different levels of gain, sprinkled with different effects, and blocks saved as Favorites when I want to swap something special into the signal chain. Covers all the sonic ground I like to cover with a guitar and feel no need to change anything

At times. To me the tone is going to be kind of relative to what’s occurring around it. So not much in the way of actively searching for one perfect tone.

I can generally get to a tone that I enjoy, and think for the most part that other musical elements seem to have more of an impact on whether I’m content. Typically my guitar mood mainly varies with how I’m feeling about my playing.

Ohhhhh I hear ya there!

Back