Are you happy with your tones?

I suppose I dig all my tones now, since I hardly tweak them any more, and never go back to the factory presets. When I get tired of one, I just switch to another.
My amps are now:
JP2C
Recto
Solo100
Shiver
USA Lead & Rhythm
Triple Crown
Texas Star

They all started as factory presets. Still can't stand the Marshalls in the Axe, but I'm sure that's either due to using headphones, or just how they sound with a Majesty, or part of both, because I do still love the sound of a Marshall. Just not as much as a Mesa. :sofa

About month ago, I would have answered "No".

Now... finally, it's a ✨ YES ✨ .

I should be happy right? Well, yeah, I'm much happier. Perhaps the gear insanity has come to an end.

But now I'm thinking: will I have nothing to discuss on a gear site, if I'm happy with the gear and don't need to buy anymore for a while?

I enjoy this place.

Speeding On My Way GIF by SuccessionHBO

I’ve always been a Marshall/Boogie guy that nowadays leans more Marshall. I’m pretty content with the tones I’m getting from my DSL and Jet City Brown Eye modded amp. These will get me all the 70’s thru 90’s tones I need. I’m also pleased with my Katana 50 using a couple of Marshall patches. My pod go scratches the itch for other amps that I may be interested in…saves me money I think…
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

I’ve always been a Marshall/Boogie guy that nowadays leans more Marshall. I’m pretty content with the tones I’m getting from my DSL and Jet City Brown Eye modded amp. These will get me all the 70’s thru 90’s tones I need. I’m also pleased with my Katana 50 using a couple of Marshall patches. My pod go scratches the itch for other amps that I may be interested in…saves me money I think…
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST
I always wonder about the Jet City stuff :unsure:

Yep. Was lucky enough to score a couple of my dream amps a couple years ago and pretty much gave up the tone search. Those plus what I already had covers me nicely.

That said sometimes I get slightly bored with those tones or just want to play/hear something different, and that’s what the plugins are for…

I am happy with it. I've got a couple of surprising things around here that would shock people when they found out what the amp actually is. I'll have to do a video reveal one day.

I am happy with it. I've got a couple of surprising things around here that would shock people when they found out what the amp actually is. I'll have to do a video reveal one day.

Only if you use an awesome JEM in it!

I had the 20 watt jet city when they first came out. It was a nifty enough amp, and even niftier post friedman mods, but ultimately meh because EL84s. I guess I never gave the higher wattage heads a fair look because of that.

I was intrigued by the JCM 800 clones, but it seemed like I heard elsewhere from a few people that they thought it was a bit Meh? hopefully I'm wrong becasue I want one of those

My favorite Doug endeavor was Whitebox cabs. I loved those things and wish that company was still around :(

Back