Are we out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong!

:columbo

Isn’t the QC a computer?

:-)
Yes, but I don't connect it to a computer. :)

barbossa_04f0bd28.jpeg

*To do those particular things. It's actually connected to a computer right now LOL.

There has been a lot of talk when Thomann released "the best selling" list, also a fair number mentioned that we're living in a forum bubble. Interesting results on this poll.

View attachment 6595
Anyone besides me think this all BS? Is everyone getting a vote even if they have no experience with anything on the list? How would they know what they would want?

If money were no issue why not have a room full of real amps and cabs? I would think the poll that matters is how many of each has been sold over the years.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe modelers should just ship with a TrueTone power supply so when we decide to vacillate between multieffects and individual effects everyone here will be happy.

For me it's not a matter of money. I could have an AXE FXIII and FC-12...

I do have an Axe FX III & FC-12 as well as a FM9. Got to say I'm really happy with both; III for the studio, FM9 for the road.

Don't expect any single piece of gear to fix all your problems. It won't. Part of the beauty of music and music tech, is piecing together your very own customized jigsaw puzzle aimed at doing the things that are specific to you.

I think it depends on what one's "problems" are.

The FM9 is really all I need in addition to the right tube amp with an effects loop. The drives and time based effects are more than good enough for what I'm likely to ever play live or at home.

So much easier dealing with my Fractal modelers than dealing with 2 big-a$$ pedalboards. I used to be in IT too.
There's a certain point where it just plain makes sense to go for a multifx unit like Fractal. Two big ass pedalboards sounds way past that point.

I feel my "6 Strymons + a few others" board is already borderline considering I have MIDI control involved and everything. But it's more like a "built my own multifx with blackjack and hookers" type deal, even if it costs similar money to my Axe-Fx 3 + FC-12 setup that does way more. :facepalm

There's a certain point where it just plain makes sense to go for a multifx unit like Fractal. Two big ass pedalboards sounds way past that point.
Nah I have a bunch of pedalboards and I'm damn happy with them. More is more.

Everything serves a purpose and as a musical painter, I need more brushes and colors, not less. I have my FM9, I have my main effects pedalboard with an MC6 controlling everything via MIDI, I have my bass pedalboard around a darkglass preamp, and I have an MC8 board with a fractal expression pedal controlling my rack.

I still have two empty boards I'm not doing anything with at the moment that need to be filled. I'm taking recommendations now :D

Everything serves a purpose and as a musical painter, I need more brushes and colors, not less. I have my FM9, I have my main effects pedalboard with an MC6 controlling everything via MIDI, I have my bass pedalboard around a darkglass preamp, and I have an MC8 board with a fractal expression pedal controlling my rack.

I still have two empty boards I'm not doing anything with at the moment that need to be filled. I'm taking recommendations now :D
Says so on my cover from 2007 long before Yngwie…

Attachments

• F969CA9D-EEB1-43C7-ABC1-1CD902BCB165.jpeg
    F969CA9D-EEB1-43C7-ABC1-1CD902BCB165.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 26

I feel my "6 Strymons + a few others" board is already borderline considering I have MIDI control involved and everything. But it's more like a "built my own multifx with blackjack and hookers" type deal, even if it costs similar money to my Axe-Fx 3 + FC-12 setup that does way more. :facepalm
That I so relate to…I call my Digi board my AxeFx extreme.
And while the axefx dies a whole lot more once I’m happy with delay/verb like I used to 40 years ago

I'm pretty glad to be rid of pedalboards personally. I typically have like a drive pedal or two and a multi-fx and that is it. Pedal boards are so unflexible/impractical. The routing/switching/control feels primitive compared to Fractal/QC (yes)/HX/et al.

Back