Are we out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong!

Part of the reason why I haven't is I spend 8 hours a day doing IT work and don't want to be tied to a computer (and possibly troubleshoot issues) with my guitar playing time.
This is actually why I bought the QC. (Well, actually, I bought the QC on a whim, but this is why I kept it.) I can do all my preset editing, and download captures, etc. without ever connecting to a computer. Sold. (I can also install new firmware without connecting to a computer, but that's just walking into a joke about how rarely there's new firmware to install.)

but that's just walking into a joke about how rarely there's new firmware to install

How so?

Nah, seriously, all the things you've mentioned are why I can perfectiy understand the appeal of the QC. And who knows, if it had global blocks alike functions and if my feet were a bit smaller, I might be interested myself. But then, as neither is the case, I fortunately don't have to spend a single minute worrying.

Last edited:
I wonder if these kind of votes would turn out differently if the people who voted had some experience with all the gear listed as their live rig for some time.
Without experience it's just another hype-o-meter driven by the advertisement machine.
Not every guitarist is a performer, though. Not even close. That doesn't invalidate the opinions of non-performing guitarists.

It does mean that a performer needs to be informed, and buy whatever gear meets his or her needs - which, for well-established reasons, is often not a QC.

Having "read the room" here, I always hedge my kind words with at least one snide joke. :D I'm not going to pretend NDSP development has kept up with Fractal or Line 6.

Nah, seriously, all the things you've mentioned is why I can perfectiy understand the appeal of the QC. And who knows, if it had a global blocks alike functions and if my feet were a bit smaller, I might be interested myself. But then, as neither is the case, I fortunately don't have to spend a single minute worrying.
I doubt the QC would meet your needs, from all I've read. As for the foot size thing, I don't foresee ever using it that way. It's been on a desk with an external foot controller for as long as I've owned it, because I'm not gigging and I like having all the controls readily to hand. I've since realized that the QC is a little "precious" for me to ever want to throw it on the floor of a nightclub and step on it for hours at a time. I'd almost certainly bring the very same foot controller, and put the QC on a stand, or an amp, or whatever...

Last edited:
Hm, in case performer = live performer, I think there's quite some people using a QC, given its relatively short lifetime.
I'm not disputing that. I'm just acknowledging that it won't meet every performer's needs. As has been beaten to death here. ;)

I doubt the QC would meet your needs, from all I've read.

Well, it's probably closer to what I need than you might think. I like the idea of having many encoders, the touchscreen is helping immensely with "in situ" editing (which I often need to do), the form factor is great (if it only was a little bigger...). I would hardly ever run into PSU issues, either (even if i would hate the fact that I could run into them...). So, seriously, with global blocks and more distance between the switches, I could defenitely be tempted. And fwiw: Lack of amp models and FX has never been anything to think about for me. The stuff I really need is pretty simple.

Last edited:
This thread is not about this exactly, but part of me wonders if maybe I should just consolidate everything and get an all in one unit like an Axe FX II/III or FM3/9.
Honestly? No.

Don't expect any single piece of gear to fix all your problems. It won't. Part of the beauty of music and music tech, is piecing together your very own customized jigsaw puzzle aimed at doing the things that are specific to you.

Don't be a cookie cooter preset hound. Be a no-template usin' chad machine.

I See You Waiting GIF by Arrow Video

This is actually why I bought the QC. (Well, actually, I bought the QC on a whim, but this is why I kept it.) I can do all my preset editing, and download captures, etc. without ever connecting to a computer. Sold. (I can also install new firmware without connecting to a computer, but that's just walking into a joke about how rarely there's new firmware to install.)
Yeah but who doesn't walk around with a MacBook Air everywhere? :D

Back