Anyone who wants AMAZING sounding in-ears/headphones for $16... read this!

Perhaps a good idea. But pretty much not doable live.
I know some folks run their IEMs out of their Helix/Axe FX/Etc, and with those one would just need to add a couple parametric EQ blocks in the IEM path and then use the 5 or 6 most significant filter corrections for their IEM. Even just getting a few significant filter corrections in place can make a huge difference.

For the rest, you'd need to have a stereo parametric EQ FX processor that you can place right before the output to IEMs, like Source Audio's EQ2 pedal, which can be doable depending on the IEM rig but would be a challenge. However, even if one just had access to a simple low/mid/high EQ from their IEM mixer (if it has that feature), that can be enough to reduce broader trouble spots.

I know some folks run their IEMs out of their Helix/Axe FX/Etc, and with those one would just need to add a couple parametric EQ blocks in the IEM path and then use the 5 or 6 most significant filter corrections for their IEM. Even just getting a few significant filter corrections in place can make a huge difference.

Well, tbh, I never felt the need for any such corrections live. I can just get used to different headphone models easily. All I expect is a balanced sound but no studio recording quality.

So, I’ve had a few days to get familiar with the Kiwi Ears Cadenzas and I have to say I’m very impressed.

At first I was wishing for a little more top end, but the tradeoff is that I haven’t experienced one bit of ear fatigue after hours of use.

Very impressive for a set of budget IEM’s.

I'm now at 6 gigs with the Wan'ers. Incredibly good VFM. Might get 2 or 3 way versions from the same company (or maybe give those Kiwi Ears Cadenza a testride), but for now I'll have to look whether there's some better foam tips. Fwiw, a testing pack of assorted foam tips is more than what I paid for the Wan'ers, go figure.

The large tips that came with the Cadenzas fit me alright, but I can’t help but think a larger set would give me better isolation.

I used to be almost perfectly happy with the various rubber tips I have around (no idea, by now they must be like 40-50 pairs all over the place, simply because you get them with everything and apparently I don't seem to lose them often, which is actually one of the wonders of the world...), even prefered them over custom molded tips - but for whatever reasons, the foam tips I accidentally found in one of my utility cases are just clicking with me.

I finally got a set of the Moondrop Chu II. I was underwhelmed with the tips that it shipped with. But then I swapped the tips for some triple flange ear tips I had and I understood the enthusiasm for them.

The Etymotic tips I had didn’t fit. I think I used ones that came with Mee Audio M6 Pros.

Now we're talking! I'd like to know as well. Something like the Sennheiser HD25 would be great (mine got stolen recently).
My HD250 Linear II’s are on their last leg. One of the drivers is intermittent and the headband is starting to fall apart. I wish I could find something comparable.

Back