Anyone play Weber speakers?

MadAsAHatter

Roadie
I made myself a 212/115 speaker cab a number of months back and loaded it with 2-12" Grey Wolfs and a 15" alnico Blue Dog. I've really been enjoying this combination. I guess you could consider the 2 speakers cousins since the Grey Wolf was somewhat born from the Blue Dog. The Grey Wolf to me sounds like a good cross between a V30 & CL80; pretty much exactly as Weber's web site describes it. The Blue Dog has the same general tone as the Grey Wolf with some Voxy chime. Being a 15" speaker it fills out the low end very nicely without being boomy. All together my cab sounds so full and massive.

Comparatively my other 412 speaker cabs just don't seem to be cutting it anymore. Not that they sound bad, but when put against my cab with Webers they just don't hold their own as well; especially when you start pushing into full band volumes. So I'm going to be swapping some Webers into them in the near future. This go round I'm thinking of trying out some of their others. I also may change out the baffle in one of the cabs to a 212/115 and try a Silver Wolf & 15" Blue Dog mix.

Anyway... Just wondering who else uses or has tried other Weber speakers. Which ones did you use? How did they sound? And do/did you like them, or no?

I have a Weber 2x10 X-Cab loaded with a pair of 10A125 speakers. Solid cab and nice sounding speakers. I like to pair/stack it with a 1x12 cab. Although, I sold off almost all my amps and don't used it much anymore.

The only ones I've had experience with are the 10A125, 20w version. I built a tweed bassman clone for someone and installed a quad of those. I liked them and so did he. It's been a long while but my impressions were positive and I imagine they're broken in well at this point.

I made myself a 212/115 speaker cab a number of months back and loaded it with 2-12" Grey Wolfs and a 15" alnico Blue Dog. I've really been enjoying this combination. I guess you could consider the 2 speakers cousins since the Grey Wolf was somewhat born from the Blue Dog. The Grey Wolf to me sounds like a good cross between a V30 & CL80; pretty much exactly as Weber's web site describes it. The Blue Dog has the same general tone as the Grey Wolf with some Voxy chime. Being a 15" speaker it fills out the low end very nicely without being boomy. All together my cab sounds so full and massive.

Comparatively my other 412 speaker cabs just don't seem to be cutting it anymore. Not that they sound bad, but when put against my cab with Webers they just don't hold their own as well; especially when you start pushing into full band volumes. So I'm going to be swapping some Webers into them in the near future. This go round I'm thinking of trying out some of their others. I also may change out the baffle in one of the cabs to a 212/115 and try a Silver Wolf & 15" Blue Dog mix.

Anyway... Just wondering who else uses or has tried other Weber speakers. Which ones did you use? How did they sound? And do/did you like them, or no?

I have a couple Weber MyTones that I picked up at a yard sale for 20 bucks each. I emailed Weber about them but they could give me no info on wattage or style. I know this they sounded really good for fender type sounds.

I haven't heard many bad reviews of Webers, but there's not much variety of sound clips out there. Outside of the doom community I don't think they're overly popular. Its a shame too since they're a really good alternative if you wanted something different from Celestion.

I haven't heard many bad reviews of Webers, but there's not much variety of sound clips out there. Outside of the doom community I don't think they're overly popular. Its a shame too since they're a really good alternative if you wanted something different from Celestion.
They certainly had more popularity 10+ years ago. I've just come to depend on mostly Eminence for US speakers.

Back