Any of you dudes get banned from TGP?..Why?

I do remember this one time getting a warning for a post. Forgot what the thread was about, but someone posted a George Bernard Shaw quote in a seemingly glowing light -- so I quickly gave an alternate quote from him in response. Bernard was not a good dude, was a eugenicist and believed in 'weeding out' the 'undesirables', if you will. It's all on audio and in writing. Anyway a mod deleted my post and basically said "no" as a warning to me. The thread was deleted shortly afterwards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See, it wouldn't be so bad if they still handled stuff like that (they used to). Just a slap on the wrist and a friendly reminder is more than sufficient to get the point across in most cases. Now it's straight to corporal punishment for every little thing. They brag about their zero tolerance policy, but it's obvious that it's zero tolerance only for what THEY disagree with. A thread bashing Ted Nugget can go for ten pages, but if you say anything bad about Springsteen or Morello it's straight to the ban hammer.

See, it wouldn't be so bad if they still handled stuff like that (they used to). Just a slap on the wrist and a friendly reminder is more than sufficient to get the point across in most cases. Now it's straight to corporal punishment for every little thing. They brag about their zero tolerance policy, but it's obvious that it's zero tolerance only for what THEY disagree with. A thread bashing Ted Nugget can go for ten pages, but if you say anything bad about Springsteen or Morello it's straight to the ban hammer.
They all suck. Mystery solved!

Yep, there's certainly no even-handedness there.

I do remember this one time getting a warning for a post. Forgot what the thread was about, but someone posted a George Bernard Shaw quote in a seemingly glowing light -- so I quickly gave an alternate quote from him in response. Bernard was not a good dude, was a eugenicist and believed in 'weeding out' the 'undesirables', if you will. It's all on audio and in writing. Anyway a mod deleted my post and basically said "no" as a warning to me. The thread was deleted shortly afterwards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Those guys are severely allergic to the truth.

:cool:

Idk I am 1100% I’ve had posts reported by boomers over there more than once

Reporting posts is lane no matter who does it

I think I only ever reported 5-6 posts, all due to bigotry.

That was never the impression I got, quite the opposite.

Funny how we all have different experiences and interpretations.

Both former site owners are conservative christians, one was pretty cool, and one quite militantly so. Now, given how the site is supposed to be no politics, no religion, this should be difficult to learn, but I didn't even have to try to learn it. In fact, my first infraction there was calling out one of them for making a political/religious post and pointing out it was against the rules. 3 points. Right on.

I would have had far fewer bad experiences there if it was indeed older, less emotionally driven folks making up the bulk of the membership. You know, people who may disagree with you, but do it respectfully instead of treating you like a mortal enemy.

"Older" and "less emotionally driven" are mutually exclusive. Also, I believe TGP skews older, so if you had bad experiences there, that kinda re-enforces my point.

There is an awful lot of “Okay, Boomer” shit over there, which is definitely not coming from an older crowd. People over 50 grew up in a world with no internet, where snarky comments would get you punched in the face. Most of us don’t report posts, either. We just shake our heads and move on. There is definitely an under forty element there that I believe is responsible for much of the stupid shit. And for some reason the staff have decided to coddle their little asses.
As John once said when he was asked, "What d'ya say, John?" I say, "Fuck em!"

Morello and Springsteen come across as very phony to me.

"Older" and "less emotionally driven" are mutually exclusive. Also, I believe TGP skews older, so if you had bad experiences there, that kinda re-enforces my point.

That’s true. The site used to be more older folks, but the implosion of Harmony Central sent an influx of people there, and those guys were used to the mob rule atmosphere of HC. They brought it with them.

Not a fan.

If you listen to fools, the mob rules!

I was in high school when Born In The USA was released. That album is part of the soundtrack of my teenage years. I didn’t choose this, you simply couldn’t get away from it at the time. Same with Thriller and, to some extent, Purple Rain.

I think I only ever reported 5-6 posts, all due to bigotry.

Thats no excuse for being a snitch! lol I am joking, I mean, I wouldnt report anything short of a credible threat (like, I have your adress, here it is, and I am on my way.). But I understand not everyone is like that.

I dunno, I think my greatest moment over there was when I told a guy to go jerk off to his Black Keys records. :idk

That got me a nice suspension and some points.

Netflix History GIF by Taylor Swift

Back