Any Ibanez Prestige AZ Owners??

Haven't played it yet. Have dinner and some evening chores to do first. Eager to see how
it compares to my Charvel DK24, which has been my go-to Superstrat.

child 44 GIF

Congrats!

Errrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just picked it up. The setup is total shit on it.

Bone nut is not cut properly. Fuck me in the eyeballs!!! How can you NOT cut the nut right on a Prestige???

WTF?! $2k and they can't do even a basic setup on it. :horse

Errrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just picked it up. The setup is total s**t on it.

Bone nut is not cut properly. f**k me in the eyeballs!!! How can you NOT cut the nut right on a Prestige???

WTF?! $2k and they can't do even a basic setup on it. :horse

What??? Man that sucks! Mine was absolutely perfect, I didn’t even touch the string or pickup heights for weeks.

Might be the nicest thing, Tom. 😉

This is the second expensive guitar I have bought this year with a nut that is total s**t.

Yeah, I could do it myself, but I didn't pay to do it myself.

I need a smoke. :clint
Oh man, that sucks!
Yeah, and if you touch it and don't get it right..., well you know. DAMN!!

Yeah. It's obvious. Not sure how it get past QC with such a poorly treated nut.

Makes me wonder if some stuff is getting rushed out the door with all the global
issues we have been facing the past couple of years.
If I were in your situation, I’d send it back without question and have them send another. Too much money invested. I’d even go so far as to contact Ibanez directly and make them aware of this. Unacceptable at that price point.

See, I don't agree with comments re QC 'at a certain price point.' I feel the details should be watched just as closely no matter the price.

Reminds me of when I was framing a house. It was about 1400 square feet, on a slab, but it had attractive roof lines, so it was nice, but a little on the cheaper side of the usual houses I framed for this builder at the time. Builder came by and mentioned some complaint the customer had, and I said something like, "She isn't spending enough money to be complaining like that."

I'll never forget the builder taking me to school that day with his reply. "Doesn't matter how much someone is spending, they all have a right to quality."

You wanna be at a cheaper price-point? Then do it using less expensive parts, less coats of paint, cheaper labor, economy-of-scale, whatever. But don't save money by cutting corners. If you can't hire people with the right skills to properly QC your product at a given labor rate, pay them more and raise your price accordingly. I feel that letting a bad job go out the door hurts your reputation more than its worth in the long run.

Yeah. After playing it for a bit, it's a turd. Sorry guys.

I kissed a frog hoping for a Prince and it is just a frog. :LOL:

Nut is cut way too high--and it is a legit Bone Nut. I bet the action
at the 12th fret is 3/16ths. Plays worse than a Squier... and at $2k.

I am a bit taken aback by this.

It is nice and light and pretty. And the case is awesome. So there is that. ;)

See, I don't agree with comments re QC 'at a certain price point.' I feel the details should be watched just as closely no matter the price.

Reminds me of when I was framing a house. It was about 1400 square feet, on a slab, but it had attractive roof lines, so it was nice, but a little on the cheaper side of the usual houses I framed for this builder at the time. Builder came by and mentioned some complaint the customer had, and I said something like, "She isn't spending enough money to be complaining like that."

I'll never forget the builder taking me to school that day with his reply. "Doesn't matter how much someone is spending, they all have a right to quality."

You wanna be at a cheaper price-point? Then do it using less expensive parts, less coats of paint, cheaper labor, economy-of-scale, whatever. But don't save money by cutting corners. If you can't hire people with the right skills to properly QC your product at a given labor rate, pay them more and raise your price accordingly. I feel that letting a bad job go out the door hurts your reputation more than its worth in the long run.
I get that and I agree, but that isn’t reality in many cases.

Back