Any Ibanez Prestige AZ Owners??

1666648873640.png

So what's the story here? Sorry I didn't pick up on the clue you left me yesterday. Went right
over my head. I blame new guitar excitement for me being so oblivious. :facepalm
Anyone who’s got that guitar in stock now has had it. If they don’t, it’s going to be awhile, due to backlog.

Nice! Excited to see what you think.

I got lucky with my Ibanez AZ. There were huge wait lists everywhere. I was shopping around for another ~ $1000 guitar and realized I'm always disappointed when I settle. So I was cruising Reverb and found mine for I think $200 off as an in stock "blemished" model. There's a tiny hairline finish crack at the neck joint, otherwise mint.

Nice! Excited to see what you think.

I got lucky with my Ibanez AZ. There were huge wait lists everywhere. I was shopping around for another ~ $1000 guitar and realized I'm always disappointed when I settle. So I was cruising Reverb and found mine for I think $200 off as an in stock "blemished" model. There's a tiny hairline finish crack at the neck joint, otherwise mint.

Nice! I have been looking for a few weeks and checking around, and one popped up in stock
where it was not in stock, and before they said they were going to receive any stock. Not sure.
Must be they had it backordered and it just showed up. Regardless I was tickled to see it. :)

Sorry about your guitar. Dang! Hope they catch the fucker soon!

Well my guitar got its first little love bites today when a shelter in place for homicide suspect alert went out and I scrambled upstairs to lock the doors. Not too bad, but a little annoyed.
Don't look at the very tip of mine's headstock and it looks prestine sans the fabric around the pickups :bag

Gonna let it rest---like a steak---before cutting into the box. Bit chilly here. Want to
get it up to room temp before I take my first peek. :banana
I'm curious what you do when you have an outdoor gig in the summer, and take your guitars from inside your climate-controlled house out into the heat? Not trying to debate- I do the same thing when a new guitar arrives, but I haven't gigged in a long time, and since being on gear forums, I now think about this stuff, whereas back then, I didn't.

For me it is the amount of discrepancy between inside and out. It's like 40F out. 70F inside. That is enough
to make me feel cautious. If it was 75F inside in the summer and 90F outside it wouldn't be an issue I would
think about.

I was religious about letting my tube amps cool down at a gig before I took them out into 20F weather in
the winter after a NYE gig. Them super hot tubes hitting super cold air was not a recipe I wanted any part of.

Here the bigger challenge---because of where I live---is the cold. Heat and humidity, or heat and dry air,
is not much of an issue. Though I would never leave a guitar in a car in the Summer heat, anymore than I
would leave a dog or child.

Better safe than sorry. ;)

I also have a guitar to ship out today---one in one out policy!----so after I do that I can crack open the box. :banana

Gonna let it rest---like a steak---before cutting into the box. Bit chilly here. Want to
get it up to room temp before I take my first peek. :banana

I got mine in winter in Minnesota, it definitely went from freezing to 70 degrees with no issues. Poly finish. You should be safe!

EDIT: I just looked up out of curiosity, I got it on 11/11/2021 so almost a year ago. It was actually 40 degrees that day on the dot.

Another odd thing, not sure if it's related to the tumble yesterday, but I noticed a tiny bit of fret wear on one fret finally. Just a little bit of a flat spot where I do most of my bending. That's pretty good because my other guitars with nickel frets have worn considerably after a few years of constant play.

Back