Any Eastman fans out there?

jazzarian

Roadie
If not, I'd thought I might make a few.

This is a T184 with American made SD pickups. I find it a far superior guitar than any ES335 I've played. The top is solid maple, yet the guitar has no problem with overdrive. It sings quite nicely clean or overdriven.

I haven't seen many since this 2015 model with a natural matched maple top like this. The new colors don't interest me. The new models also come with Bare Knuckle pickups, a supposed upgrade. They also cost a grand more than I paid.

Ya snooze, ya lose. I don't sleep well these days.

Attachments

• 20221214_104705-3.jpg
    20221214_104705-3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
That certainly is a unique guitar, not based on anything American.

My Eastman seems more like a Taylor in terms of workmanship than a Gibson, for about 1/4 the price of a CS-356. I wasn't surprised when I got it because I had read so many great things about Eastman. Then the Chinese embargoes came, and there went the bargain prices.

Embargoes certainly help companies like Gibson. Hard to imagine who felt sorry for Gibson when they charge 7 grand for an R9.

Love my Romeo LA.

In every price bracket they offer stuff they do very well imo.
Their top tier lines….great instruments!

If not, I'd thought I might make a few.

This is a T184 with American made SD pickups. I find it a far superior guitar than any ES335 I've played. The top is solid maple, yet the guitar has no problem with overdrive. It sings quite nicely clean or overdriven.

I haven't seen many since this 2015 model with a natural matched maple top like this. The new colors don't interest me. The new models also come with Bare Knuckle pickups, a supposed upgrade. They also cost a grand more than I paid.

Ya snooze, ya lose. I don't sleep well these days.
Beautiful guitar! Yep. I’m a fan, just haven’t had too many opportunities to check them out. If I ever go the Gibson-esque route, Eastman’s on the list.

I've only ever played one; dunno what's it's called but it's the one shaped like a Les Paul but with a rounded lower horn

It was insanely good

1699 here, 2299 for the Mx version
Last I saw on reverb, a T184 (only available in violin brown) was going for $2400 in the US. The T484 sells for about $1600 but it has a laminated top. Reviews of the T484 weren't so good, it's a very different guitar than the T184.

They stopped making either in natural tops. (n)

Last I saw on reverb, a T184 (only available in violin brown) was going for $2400 in the US. The T484 sells for about $1600 but it has a laminated top. Reviews of the T484 weren't so good, it's a very different guitar than the T184.

They stopped making either in natural tops. (n)
Yeah, I had an email exchange with Eastman a couple of years ago. They said "no plans to do natural tops again". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I had an email exchange with Eastman a couple of years ago. They said "no plans to do natural tops again". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the update.

Did they get tired of paying upcharges for better maple to be used in natural guitars? I know their tops are made from Canadian wood sources. I love seeing figured maple, I'm a big fan.

They still sell spruce topped guitars in natural.

Thanks for the update.

Did they get tired of paying upcharges for better maple to be used in natural guitars? I know their tops are made from Canadian wood sources. I love seeing figured maple, I'm a big fan.

They still sell spruce topped guitars in natural.
You're very welcome!

I didn't get any reasoning, I'd just asked if they had plans to make any new ones in natural. Think I asked about 386/486?

You're very welcome!

I didn't get any reasoning, I'd just asked if they had plans to make any new ones in natural. Think I asked about 386/486?
They make a lot of overlapping guitar lines, it gets confusing with a T184, T185, T186, T484, T485, T486 etc. The "4" means 14" bout, "5' means 15 inch bout etc. The 18X series has a solid top, the 48X series has a laminated top.

You probably asked about the T486, yet another line of semi-hollow guitars, with laminated tops.

They are going mainstream. Sweetwater carries Eastman now.

I kick myself for not jumping onto Eastman years ago when they were more affordable. I should have gotten the T59/V when they were still just over $1,000. Now they are over $2,000 which is damn near into used Gibson territory.

Back