Andy Wood’s EVH rig

This got me thinking. I have stereo cabs, but I don’t have 3 of the same cabs. What if you use monitors or PA as your wets and a mono cab as your dry? I know what I’m doing tonight. 🤔

Thinking about it now, I think I saw someone with that setup with some CLRs on the FAS forums a while back.

This got me thinking. I have stereo cabs, but I don’t have 3 of the same cabs. What if you use monitors or PA as your wets and a mono cab as your dry? I know what I’m doing tonight. 🤔

EJ kinda did this for a little while. If I remember right, he was mic’ing his Twins with a small JBL PA, running the tape echo through the mixer’s send/return and then mic’ing the PA speakers for his wet signal. :rofl

I think the only issue you’d run into is that what’s going to come out of the PA speakers is going just be the pre-amp with effects if you’re setting it up the traditional way. It might be a little shrill since it‘s not guitar speakers, but I bet the cleans will sound fuckin’ ace!

EJ kinda did this for a little while. If I remember right, he was mic’ing his Twins with a small JBL PA, running the tape echo through the mixer’s send/return and then mic’ing the PA speakers for his wet signal. :rofl

I think the only issue you’d run into is that what’s going to come out of the PA speakers is going just be the pre-amp with effects if you’re setting it up the traditional way. It might be a little shrill since it‘s not guitar speakers, but I bet the cleans will sound fuckin’ ace!
I just tried it with the cab sim enabled on the monitors and the amps straight out into the Matrix. The 2290 made it feel like I was playing in Atmos. Shit was kinda tits

I just tried it with the cab sim enabled on the monitors and the amps straight out into the Matrix. The 2290 made it feel like I was playing in Atmos. Shit was kinda tits

Hahaha well if that’s the setup than yeah, I’m sure that’s pretty badass!!!

I remember twice I had the itch to do something crazy and integrated pretty much all the gear I had at the time.

Helix Floor as the brain.
2 SS Traynor combo amps handling wet signals.
1 QSC K8.2 for dry.

Even though the combos were vanilla AF with 10" stock speakers, the sound was massive!

Later after the Traynor combos got sold:

Helix as brain.
QSC K8.2 as center dry with a Fender/fuzz
2 Yammy HS5's as dry with seperate high gain chugga amp/cab models for each.
Boss Katana 100w as left wet.
Fender Frontman 65r with Creamback as right wet.

Super massive.

Still wonder what it would be like with two wet speakers in front and two other wet speakers behind along with the L/C/R dry.

:guiness

At one point I had a wall of combo amps/FR cabs and regret hooking them all up before I sold most of them.

...this is what this video reminds me of

Back